Current 2.6 and 3.0 turbos

Little off current subject but I had a guy tell me this year at Scheid they were at 1500hp and another truck that was there was a little over 1600hp out of a 2.6 truck. Any truth to this or are number off??? I want to say they were running precision chargers..

No way they're makin 1600.

It's important to remember that Dynos are just a tuning tool. Every one reads different.

I dont see why they could limit the exhaust side like they do on tractors like 3x3. Would even things out across the board I think

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I've heard of 3.0's in 1630-1670 hp on Engelkings dyno and Haisleys dyno... Patty Haisley claimed Scheids dyno reads 200 hp higher than the one they use. I heard some Scheid 3.0 3.0 customers were over 1700 hp there...

It's just a number

Kusilek posted his dyno vid 2 springs ago with 3x3.6 Precision and made 1460-1470 hp. No way is a 2.6x3.6 Precision making 1500 hp... 2.6x3.6 Hart's and 2.6x3.6 Precision's on ideal setups are probably 1250-1450 hpish. Hart's HX82 and Haisleys or Columbus's equivalent is probably 1500-1700 hp.

I also know of a guy with a red limited prostock tractor running a Hart's slotted 4.1"limited charger that "I heard" made 2350 hp!!! 2000 hp 4.1 was VERY rare one and a half yrs ago

who made 1670 on kevin's dyno?

I'm sure they don't want everyone to know or they would have posted it, I didn't see the dyno results myself, so this could be "blowing smoke", but I know a dmax made 1630a with the Hart's HX82, not on Engelkings tho.

I hear these crazy numbers that some guy somewhere made but I don't really care because it's probably been manipulated. What someone says they made on the dyno isn't always relative to the track and how it preforms on the track is all that matters.

Like said before. Dyno is a tuning tool or to compare two trucks to one another with same operator, same Dyno, same day, back to back. Engine is only half the equation. Have seen several times lower hp trucks win on the dirt and blacktop.

I hear these crazy numbers that some guy somewhere made but I don't really care because it's probably been manipulated. What someone says they made on the dyno isn't always relative to the track and how it preforms on the track is all that matters.

Like said before. Dyno is a tuning tool or to compare two trucks to one another with same operator, same Dyno, same day, back to back. Engine is only half the equation. Have seen several times lower hp trucks win on the dirt and blacktop.

I agree with both of you, I never said you had to have that much power to win or even be competitive. Every truck is different and some hook better than others... Once you ake the power it's easier to tune it out if not needed and you can fudge up the setup or gearing a little more if you have an edge on power...

And if you guys think 1600+ hp isn't achievable in 3.0 class now, it's because you don't have one of the newest turbos or correct setup to make it work, lol... and judging from the slot in the Hart's 2.6 chargers, I could ser those making close to same power as the old 3x3.6 hx60's... I know an intercooled 466 ih that made around 1390 hp b4 2012 season on Hart's 3"x3.6"hx60

So I could definitely see 2.6 in the 13-1400 hp range right now with the 2.6x3.6 Precision or Hart's

Back