Current 2.6 and 3.0 turbos

One reason why I jumped on a HX-60 with the older Columbus wheel.. More reliable. not as much air as the new wheels but while they are out ill still be hooking.. (Hopefully) lol

One reason why I jumped on a HX-60 with the older Columbus wheel.. More reliable. not as much air as the new wheels but while they are out ill still be hooking.. (Hopefully) lol

The latest Hart's 60 wheel holds up just fine. It's the imitators that are/were having trouble.

I do not know much of the 3.0 world, but bein a 60 is 2-3 yrs out of date? I feel like there would be a known charger by now. As in Borg s5 series, garret, precision but I guess it costs more than 2.6 money to have this kind of info given out.
I say this just because of how closely related the classes are in hp range, I know 2-300 hp is alot but when I'm hearing 1400-1475 at the crank in 2.6. I guess it's hard for me to believe a 60 is out in the 3.0 class when there's nothin to replace it really. Seems its still the charger for 2.6..
But I'm just a peeon.

Clinton

where have u heard of 1400 hp in 2.6? that's 3.0 hp

1400hp at the crank...that's about 1200 rwhp +/- some

It's all about usable hp...

We all know 1000 to 1300 is 2.6 now... And that is ridiculous to say the least...
But te rules each year change to allow this so ....

I've never had my 2.6 on the dyno but it has to be 1500hp....

1400 crank seems like a stretch for me in 2.6

I was thinkin more like 1501 Justin..

I am in no means implying that my motor is 1400hp...
Just what engine dyno results I have heard..

We all know what hp range it takes to compete in 2.6..

To win 2.6?... 1000hp is the new 800hp... It's just pretty common now, one setup never last for more than one season not sayin longevity but because to keep up with the jones there is always a rule change or someone in the R&D department pushin out bigger and better products that meets these rules.

This is the way I see it.

one setup never last for more than one season not sayin longevity but because to keep up with the jones there is always a rule change or someone in the R&D department pushin out bigger and better products that meets these rules.

This is the way I see it.

This is true with any type and any level of motorsport, whether it's RC trucks, dirtbikes, stock car racing, or Formula 1. It's all about pushing the limits. The problem I see with pulling is that once the limits get pushed to a certain point, the class is deleted and you're forced to start over again.

great thread lots of good info, I'm building my truck for 2.5 but there is a lot of good ideas to work off of in 2.6/3.0 that a guy can incorporate when building a smaller truck that's what i'm currently doing.

Seen 3 precision chargers go this year as well. If I remember right one broke a shaft and the other two had exploded. Not sure if it was bearing failure or wheel.

What are some opinions on limiting the 3.0" turbo to a 3x3.6. We have a pretty good number of local 3.0 trucks and want to keep it that way. Were talking about "tighting" up some of our rules while we still can. None of our trucks are national level trucks but we have 20+ points pulls of our own all within 2 hours or less. To get to any PPL 3.0 hooks closet one would be 3+ hours. Most being more than 5. We have in my opinion a good class and want to keep it that way. We would like to stay at what the 3.0 class was a few years ago. Some ideas are 3X3.6 turbo, NO deck pate, NO aftermarket heads. This can still be a fairly high HP class, But keeping cost down consideratly. Few of us feel 3.0 has been let get out of hand. Im not asking to get national rules changed. We just want to keep our trucks around, and not force anybody out.

Many of the 2.6 chargers are larger than that on the hot side... But I like your intentions and as long as the group of trucks you run with are ok with it, why not?

Do you all have a 2.6 class? If so, how limited is it?

Many of the 2.6 chargers are larger than that on the hot side... But I like your intentions and as long as the group of trucks you run with are ok with it, why not?

I understand that some of the 2.6 chargers are bigger. But should they be? We run street diesel and 3.0. No 2.6 although we have some good running 2.6 trucks come hook with us quite often. We like the ODL. The reason for 3.0 rules. I don't think any of our guys will be against it. It won't be taking anything away from anybody. Just more less preventing somebody with a open checkbook from running our class away.

You mean 3.6" / 91.x mm turbine exducer? (Like for example HX60/GT50 size class)

I think limiting turbine size can be pretty effective....but in the lower classes there are too many people who get their panties all wadded up thinking that they might have to get their turbine teched....

Which 2.6 turbos are larger than 3.6 on the turbine side?

Back