Custom AirDog install. "Operation braided"

theonlyz

professional he** raiser
Over the last few days, I have re-worked my original AirDog install, installed new injectors from Exergy, and a modified rail and Dprv from TC Diesel. I originally used a -6 line for the return but, that was too restrictive. I wanted to run everything on the fuel system in braided line, so thats what I did. While I was at it I changed things around a bit. Next will be the transmission lines when that time comes and I order a transmission of choice. :stab::hehe:

It is safe to say this is my first time working with braided line but, by the end I had it all figured out.....Enjoy!

Complete fuel system overhaul Dec 2010 pictures by theonlyz - Photobucket

The photos are backwards in order so go to the last page thats where I started. Start at the very last picture and work you way back.

One other thing, anyone know why my old injectors look the way they did?? I know they were in rough shape but can you tell anything by looking at them?

I know it will be fine. Im just looking to see what others have done with the trans lines

thank you. It has come along way. Im just happy my wife was understanding enough to allow me the time and allowing me to leave the door open to the garage to keep it heated for a few days. hahahahaha

How is #6 too restrictive on the return? What kind of fuel are you running to require that much feed, tripple cp3s? LOL

However it does look really pretty.:D

Looks good. I see your dog in two of the pictures but can't make out what he is because he face is burried in your jacket...LOL Do you use 2 stroke oil in your fuel? Kinda looks like the mess it leaves behind on the injectors.

Dog is a Dutch Shephard hes only 9wks, he just hangs out with me. It was cold in those pictures pry right around 25-30degs that day. That was before I managed to massage my truck into our tiny garage and actually close the door. I was more or less using it as a wind break. Being in South Dakota the wind is what makes the cold miserable.

I dont use two stroke or any homemade blend what so ever. The only additive I run is Stanadyne. Ive had multiple sets of injectors out of my 24valve when I had that and none of them ever looked like those do. The pictures dont do it justice because they looked really wet when I took them out. It looked like water or something was condesing on them but it was hard as a rock and just really odd.

How is #6 too restrictive on the return? What kind of fuel are you running to require that much feed, tripple cp3s? LOL

However it does look really pretty.:D

It was too restrictive so to speak on the return side of things because what I believe was happening was the fuel was foaming in the canister. Cant be positive because I dont have a camera in the tank to verify it. When I would get just under a half a tank the pump was getting really loud and you could tell it was sucking some air by the sounds of things and the fuel guages reaction. With the return substantially smaller than what the AirDog originally runs it was causing quite a stir when the fuel was forced back into the canister. If you noticed I didnt run any of AD's hardware, that means the return was not being routed into the fill tube it was being routed back into the factory canister via the factory feed port on the canister. I still have it routed into the canister as a -6line(3/8") but it is T'd so that it also returns to the actual tank its self cutting down on the pressure going into the canister. Its all really confusing trying to explain it:bang but if you look at it you get the idea I hope. So with it done this way I still get some flow to the factory canister and will never have to worry about the 1/4 tank issue because it works flawlessly now!

To answer your question in short -6 is too restrictive for what I did because the stir it was causing in the canister was making air bubbles or so I think.

Why such large line?? I dont know I like to do everything over kill so I only have to do it once and -8 line was boarderline 1/2" so, I just bumped it up to -10 line which is about 3/4" then put a Y in it for when I do dual Cp3s. Id rather have plenty of fuel to feed them with than not enough.:bang

Thanks for the compliments:snoop:

thanks, my hands and fingers didnt seem to think it was so thrilling though. hahaha

Back