Custom F100 chassis IFS IRS etc.

carcrafter22

Selling my complete rolling frame from my F100 project truck. This is the original from for a 1967 F100 short bed but fits any short bed from 1967-72 and possibly others.

This is a pretty popular frame since this is the first bumpside to my knowledge to get the now popular 2003-2008 crown vic front suspension swap, this is also the truck that made that swap extremely popular all over the internet.

As already stated this frame has a 2007 crown vic police interceptor front suspension with about 18,000 miles on it (practicly new). I also installed a 1994 lincoln mark 8 IRS that works well with this suension and has new calipers and rotors installed, the complete frame has been coated with por 15 and has had about 3,000 miles put on it since I finished the swap a couple years ago. The wheels and tires are new with under 500 miles on them, they are 20" boss 338's and tuck inside the fenders on my truck nicely.

The rear half of the chassis is completely boxed along with new crossmembers installed which make the frame much stiffer than ever before (rides better this way).

I also installed a new 21gallon fuel tank in the rear thats mounted between the frame rails along with large fuel lines for sending and return.

So whats for sale
1967 Short bed rolling frame/chassis boxed (no body)
2007 crown vic front IFS
1994 lincoln mark 8 IRS (new brakes)
21 gallon fuel tank and fuel lines
20" Boss 338 wheels with new tires 255/45/20 (less than 500 miles)

This is a complete custom chassis that doesnt need anything done to it at all.

Asking price is $2200 OBO

The body is still on the chassis and I am currently out of town till the 20th of this month. I plan to remove the body on the 22nd of this month so I dont have any complete pics of the chassis but here are a few of the front suspension and the IRS.

I'm looking for a decent body now. I want this.

Come and get it :poke:

How come you are parting this?

I am building a custom frame and going to AWD with a chevy IFS and 4 link'd solid rear axle. I hate to get rid of it but no need to keep it around.

This frame is kinda special I guess. This is the first bumpside frame done with the crown vic front suspension and lincoln mark 8 IRS. This is also the same frame that made the 03+ crown vic IFS so popular all over the internet. Try and google it you'll see lots of references to carcrafter22 and this truck on tons of different websites.

There really isnt much I'd do to the frame itself besides finish boxing the front half of the frame if you really wanted to. If you were going to go with a gas engine I would run some gas through it and the fuel lines since I did run diesel in it but the tank and all lines are brand new so no worries about any rust issues. I also never got around to adding baffles to the inside of the fuel tank and would cut open the top to add a simple baffle plate setup for when the tank gets really low.

This truck was the first one I did this way and it was built as a test truck for me to try alot of different ideas so this isnt a show quality frame but it is well put together in my opinion.

Decided to put the body for sale with the chassis since I have a fresh cab and other parts in the corner and can get a new bed for it later. Cab floor and firewall is covered in cynomat as well as POR 15 and in pretty good shape, already setup for hydroboost. Bed is in good shape besides the lower passenger rear side where a tire blew on the previous owner and messed the fender up a bit. I already welded the drivers side seams up on the bed and started on the passenger side.

Price for the whole rolling chassis, cab, bed, frame with IFS & IRS, 20" wheels $3200

There is only 2 reasons why this truck is not in my driveway right now. One is you are a long long long way from me,, and the other, well,, Im broke right now,, LOL,, but man do I like this,, Josh, you just gotta pick this up

Well I'm glad you like it thanks. I've gotten alot of response over posting this thing for sale and actually had to get permission from my 4 year old daughter to even get rid of it. I was talking with her a couple days ago when she called and asked her about selling it and she told me no at first LOL. Then she said only if I buy her a nice painted one very soon lol so I got the go ahead.

She doesnt know it yet but I am going to take the cab, hood, fenders etc. I already have and get to work on it right away and as soon as I find a mint bed its getting dropped off at the body shop to be painted with her name air brushed in pink (her favorite color) I'm thinking something cool like her name getting sucked into a turbo or something like that, somewhere near the rear of the each side of the bed.

I do want to say again the body isnt perfect I just want to be clear about that. This has been a project truck the 3 years I've owned it and the drivetrain and chassis have come first. The autometer cauge panel, new wiring, new old air products a/c system all stay with me for the new truck and it will need a little work but overall its a pretty decent truck and I know I'm letting it go for alot less than its worth.

I want a DD, just trying to get make the decision to buy this and have a sweet dd or finish the red truck.

And this being such a deal don't help. LOL

Josh if you dont buy this, well,, then you are not being very smart!

Back