Custom Front Bumper

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
I built this from 3/16 steel, took about 50+ hours to complete... finally done and powder coated, going to build a rear one to match, tell me what you think...also built in structural supports, bolts up with 8 bolts to the frame, unlike all manufactured bumpers that are all looks and no structural strength...

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

unlike all manufactured bumpers that are all looks and no structural strength...

Bumper looks pretty good....

...though your statement should read " unlike all manufactured STOCK bumpers that are all looks and no structural strength"....because ours are plenty strong.

Last edited:
True true, MOST winch ready and road armor bumpers I have seen are mostly looks, I welded angle to the other side of the frame and made a piece along the whole center of the bumper... I'll post more pictures later

Looks like you've got a good start I'm gonna go with the card board idea I like that just gotta get my crooked eyes to hold still Lon enough to keep the symmetry lol thanks for the advice

Haven't posted on here in a while, but yes, I started with cardboard and masking tape, had a general idea when I got started, and of course made adjustments as I went along.

Built the billet style grille and mounted trans cooler behind it, and also did the step down on the top to give it more character.

Finished the rear bumper a month later, used our press break to build most of that one, less welds to grind and cleaner corners.

DuraDan i really like that bumper what was the hardest part of the process i wanna make one for mine really simular to your but kinda want to know what to expect

Back