cutting weight on 2nd Gen

jamesc

Trying to get my 95 reg cab long bed truck 6500lb class

just wondering what everybody elses weighs

I'm at 6,800 with no toolbox or spare

Remove the extra battery, interior and all seats but the drivers, rear bumper, fuel tank use fuel cell, any shields under the frame, tailgate, use aluminum wheels. I had my 96 reg cab long bed down to 6200 last year without doing anything major like windows or cutting bed out.

Mine ways around 6300 with me in it.That is with no tailgate or rear bumper and I weigh about 250. Take the rear breaks off. Thats with aluminum wheels and 35's.

thanks for the advice it sounds like it won't be as hard as i thought

It wont be hard to drop that little amount of wieght, clean out the cab and wash all the dirt out underneath.

Dont remove the rear brakes unless your pulling club allows it, mine dosn't for the 2.8 altered class.

Dont remove the rear brakes unless your pulling club allows it, mine dosn't for the 2.8 altered class.

but they dont say any thing about removing material from them, i think i turned off 20 or more pounds off of scotts when he was in altered stock. id do it for you if you would like for cheap.

by the way hows the truck running?

tony

I dont think it will be running at all this year with this crappy economy, Hopefully I'm going to paint it at least. I'll just have to wait and see.

I dont think it will be running at all this year with this crappy economy, Hopefully I'm going to paint it at least. I'll just have to wait and see.

man lee that sucks. the economy sucks worse tho. everybody at work just go cut to 35 hours and i expect it to go to 32 in the next few weeks. damn bosses need to get off their butts and hit the road and find some, but so far they are sitting at there desks and realing on the costomers they alread have, not to smart if you ask me and everyone else at the shop agrees.

Back