Cylinder to Cylinder backspacing

talonkid119

Not Enough
I have a new head that im getting fire-ringed. I am looking for the dowel pin to cylinder centerline, and then the backspacing between each cylinder measurments. The machine shop was looking for these specs from me.

thanks,
mike

not sure what you mean by the backspacing between cylinders? wouldn't different bore sizes affect this number...

cylinder center line to cylinder center line is 4.72"

what else do you need?

not sure what you mean by the backspacing between cylinders? wouldn't different bore sizes affect this number...

cylinder center line to cylinder center line is 4.72"

what else do you need?

Im pretty sure Backspacing would be the same as cylinder center line to cylinder center line. Im also looking for the measurment from the dowel pin on the head/block to the edge of where the cylinder centerline is(outside on bore, center line). I think he is making the fire-ring cuts on a 5 axis cnc. We dont have a gasket yet thats why we were looking for maybe some specs.

thanks,
Mike

Im not sure. isnt there some type of dowel to hold the block head in place. Im just going off what the machine shop was asking me to fine. There isnt really any Diesel places by me.

thanks

found it, from the front dowel center line, the center line of the first cylinder is 2.36" (towards the back of the engine) and 1.72" (towards the center of the block).

:Cheer:

found it, from the front dowel center line, the center line of the first cylinder is 2.36" (towards the back of the engine) and 1.72" (towards the center of the block).

:Cheer:

Thank you. Where did you end up finding that?

mike

Back