D-Max Nova

Pretty solid numbers for a chassis that light, should FLY!!!

What kind of boost does it make with that triple setup?

Pretty solid numbers for a chassis that light, should FLY!!!

What kind of boost does it make with that triple setup?

Yeah, did a few launches off the brake today. This thing is completely smoke free down here at sea level, and the throttle response is amazing! I could come off the brake at 2000rpm and the turbos were lit, before at 3300 they were just coming on. Might be able to tighten up the converter a bit now :st:

Should be over 100psi, it was making that with the old tuning.

Russ hasn't bragged on here yet, so I figure I would help ;)

Looks like the Nova did pretty well at the Eagle Field airstrip drags this last weekend, they made it to the final round! Got lucky and found a pass at 6hrs 10min on the live feed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvgCrNVvlJA

Looks like that sucker spools great and hauls. Nice to see a diesel out playing with the gassers.

The weekend before he went 5.30 in the 1/8 on a very clean pass. Congrats Russ, looks like you have her dialed in.

Thanks guys! Took the car out again tonight, had cracked the IC about 4" across in front last weekend before finals, and was down on boost a bit last round. I spun pretty hard in the bad lane in the final, and went 6.0 to the winners 5.31 . In the simi I had gone 5.31

Tonight the IC cracked almost all the way across the back, plus still had the crack in the front that I had forgotten about. Ended up going 8.90 @ 153, and got my lic paperwork squared away. This has all been on the small tune from Rob @ ATP, And feels great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
How'd you do in Kingdon??

Made three passes then came up with an electrical issue. Mid pass against a drag Hyabussa popped the main line fuse to the control switches while side by side, and lost all power. Tried to replace the fuse to get lined back up with him, but she wasn't happy with a 5 amp smaller fuse. Loaded her up in the trailer and headed home. Gotta get it figured out before thurs if I'm headed to Oregon for the diesel event. Tons to do this week in the shop, not going to be a fun week.

Last edited:
Congrats on the runs in Woodburn! Sneaking up on that street-legal diesel record....8.60's I heard?

Congrats on the runs in Woodburn! Sneaking up on that street-legal diesel record....8.60's I heard?

Yes sir, @ 166mph. Still has a bunch left in her with suspension tuning, and the bigger tunes :rockwoot: . Looks like I'll be updating the cage as well, so it certs sub 8.50's.

Going to try something new out with the Nova. F3r-136 with a Supercharger Store gear drive setup for max charger RPM @ 5600 engine RPM.

c711be78d55af897def952e687efde67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back