D.s.i. Smoke On The Water G.t.g.

bluedog

what do you fla. boys think about a get together on a lake in the woods on sunday july 19 in ocala national forest. we have the perfect spot on a spring feed lake with a sandy beach, with a access rdad 1/2 mile from the main rd. were talking a family outing type deal with bbq canopy tents, horseshoes/ volleyball etc.

D.S.I.smoke on the water

P1010221-1.jpg

yes, this is the spot. the water is about 2 foot higher. this pic was awhile ago.it's summer time again, and it's hot! so it's time to hit the water. sunday july 19th in the ocala national forest on the lake, we will have a get together@ 10:00am this will be one of the best get togethers for the diesel community. all you need is a float and beer, and maybe some sunscreen for you irish/canadian pale people. this is one of the best spots with crystal clear spring feed water. the short trail off the highways is big enough to fit a hummer down it and we will clear it the day before the event. so bring you'r coolers and chairs the wife, the kid and the dog. camping spots are everywhere, if you wish to camp. and the fishings great so bring a small boat if you wish, there is a ramp on the other side. we will have a meeting location at a convience store nearby and we will have a trail of signs to the location for the late scraglers. more info to come

Slight Change On The Date. Some People Want To Camp So It's Going To Be Sat The 18th Of July.

lake beakman on sellars chain of lakes

ocalamap-1.jpg
i'll try and get a better map

How are ya'll driving up?

i'am riding with k-lincoln it's just a short trip from orlando maybe 45 min through eustis to hwy 19 and 40 easy direction.it looks like some people want to camp. so we may be doing breakfast on sunday for 40 plus people.

yea just curious how ya'll would come up. If I make it up I'd be coming from south of Ocala. So I'd go up 441 to 40

so...when you say the trail is big enough for a Hummer...do you think theres enough tree clearance for my 1-ton with a slide in camper ? Not worried about a few scratches, but having to back out would suk.

i'll go up there this weekend an find how big a truck will fit matt:Cheer:

Thanks kurt. With the camper on, it's 8' wide @ 10' tall. Let me know if I need to bring a chainsaw! :bigsmile:

Thanks kurt. With the camper on, it's 8' wide @ 10' tall. Let me know if I need to bring a chainsaw! :bigsmile:

we will clear the trail somewhat but 4 wheel drive is almost a must as far as backing up that would be near impossible. it is a one way trail big enough for a hummer.

Yea it's 6x6. We've hauled it in down at Big scrub & all over up at Lake Delancy before they changed the trail riding rules. The only thing that realy stops us is a tree branch too big to bend out of the way.

Back