D/W and caster ?'s

G1625S

So I've got pretty consistent death wobble on the truck in my sig. I've read that adding the 2'' lift threw my caster angle far enough out to promote said d/w. Since my tires are getting pretty wore, I thought I'd try and throw a little caster at it just to see if it might alleviate the problem. From looking at the adjustment cams, it appears that I'm out of room to adjust. The larger part of the cams are both pointing towards the front of the truck, meaning I'm as far as I can go and that lowering the front end is the only way to effectively add more caster, correct? Hate to loose the leveling pucks, but hate to lose my lunch over every bump as well. Am I out of options here? I hate hating my truck
*bdh*

When you lift the front of the truck with taller springs or coil spacers, you pull the front bolt of the lower control arm toward the back of the truck which plays with caster. To correct this, you need to push the lower control arm forward which means having the large part of the cam toward the back of the truck (which sounds like the opposite of what you posted).

That being said, that amount of adjustment may not be enough. If you want to keep the truck as it is now, longer lower control arms will help.

Last edited:
Thank you sir! I will give it a closer look today when I get the old pig up on jack stands. I hate to lose the leveling kit...hopefully I won't have to.

Finally got around to messing with the caster. I guess I was doing it backward, as every time I messed with it, it got worse...took J-Rod's advice and haven't been able to get it unglued over any bumps so far:) I was about ready to cut the damn thing up! Thanks!

Great info!

I did the leveling spacers also and it did a little death wobble on me yesterday at about 20mph. Im going to adjust mine a bit cause the outside of my tires are wearing a bit funny also.

Mines had longer lower arms fitted but I don't know how much longer! can anyone tell me what the stock length is? It drives great with the extended skyjacker springs.

I went with the ones the DT ProFab sells. They look good and the truck has no problem with death wobbles. Here's the link to the set I ordered.

My girl friend had a 2" HBS kit on her truck. I did an alignment after the install and was able to get caster back to factory spec.

Back