d70 drums and brakes to d80 axle

RAMICATOR

They Call Me Boner
i got a brand new d80 housing off racing junk. i have gears, carrier and axles already. can i take the drum brakes and hubs off my d70 and put them on the d80 that was set up for disks?

Yes, a friend of mine did it. I think he needed a hole saw. PM blkout.

I have dana 70 drums and pads on mine since my stuff off my 70 was in better shape than what was on my 80 when i swapped it in.

I didnt have to do anything. It all just fit right up.

Eric

I have dana 70 drums and pads on mine since my stuff off my 70 was in better shape than what was on my 80 when i swapped it in.

I didnt have to do anything. It all just fit right up.

Eric

He said he was putting the drums on a disk brake 80 rear.

Last edited:
are you saying you are swapping the hubs from the D70 to the D80? if so..I don't think thats going to work or it didn't for us the last time we tried it! bearings and a bunch of stuff were different.

Ryan

PM blkout he had a d70 from an 01 and put a d80 disk in the 01. He took the backing plates off of the 70 and put them on the 80, was able to use the brakes and all.

sorry it was late and i wasnt thinking to clearly when i originaly posted

the 80 i bought was a bare housing for an 01 with disk brakes, no gears axles diff cover or brakes. it still has the paper tags on it. the guy gave me a set of old rusty hubs, kinda rough but still prolly good.

so it sounds like i can use my 70 backing plates and drums on the 80 that was suposed to have disks.

thanks guys

Back