D80 Spool?

Runninlean

Say When racing
So since my dyno dilemma a few weeks back with the race truck not being able to keep traction I figured its time for a spool. It appeared as though the drive wheel was spinning much worse than the other (even with 850 lbs added to the rear). Being as the truck was started when I got it I had limited knowledge of some of the setup. I know its a limited slip (was told it had an extra clutch in it also?) I know its a 3.31 gear set and I also have a 3.55 set for it. Anyways I am no differential guy by any means and have a very basic knowledge of them (I do know you cant mis match ring and pinions LOL).

So after searching for spool options I have only found spool's for the D80 but for a 4.10 or higher gear set. Does anyone know if they make one that works with a 3.31 to 3.55 gear if not what are my options? I can't imagine welding the spiders as a good idea on something with 2k+ tq maybe Im wrong. Is there a locker for that gear set if thats my only option?

It should as most dana axles have 2 carrier sizes. One for 4.10 and up and the other for anything less. So a 3.55 spool should also fit the 3.31 gears, I believe.

Back