Daily drivers

asmxb24

This is my first year drag racing an couldnt be more ready , I am waiting another two weeks till i have my spring break so i can get all the work done on my truck all the parts are just sitting in my room! i am just running a smaller set of twins with the hx35 and ht3b in my 98 12V because I am still a college student and roof when im not at school to support this expensive hobby! so need the truck as a daily driver for work and school.

not sure how much HP i will be getting yet i will be going to a dyno after i get everything dialed in i was just curious on how much HP some of you guys are running with your DD?

This is my first year drag racing an couldnt be more ready , I am waiting another two weeks till i have my spring break so i can get all the work done on my truck all the parts are just sitting in my room! i am just running a smaller set of twins with the hx35 and ht3b in my 98 12V because I am still a college student and roof when im not at school to support this expensive hobby! so need the truck as a daily driver for work and school.

not sure how much HP i will be getting yet i will be going to a dyno after i get everything dialed in i was just curious on how much HP some of you guys are running with your DD?

Why do you ask? and what qualifies as a DD?

i just ask because I am trying to build my truck to drag for fun on the weekends but still have a reliable daily driver and was just curious on how much HP some people had and still manage to drive it daily . And for me qualifying as a daily driver would just be any truck that is used for everyday driving whether its back and forth to work or even a quick run to the grocery store

I daily drive mine everyday! And pulls a trailer almost every weekend full of toys to the mountains or sand dunes. Just have to build it to hold!

I haven't had my truck on a dyno, but I thinks it's pushin 275-300 horse..........don't know if that helps at all.:doh:

My 98' 12 valve has a chip and a boost elbow, it makes about 300 HP and I daily drive it.

If you want 100% reliability, leave the motor stock if it's a 12 valve.

If you want good reliability, and plan to daily drive, and don't want to spend a fortune, limit yourself to no more than 600 HP. Above that you really start to tear up drivetrain parts quickly.

In my experience, 450-500 HP is all that you can hook up with on the street in 2wd and I don't know of anyone that drives around on dry pavement in 4wd.

I like my 350 to 500 hp with the turn of a knob. Oh wait, Nevermind. Lol

Sent from my Evo while driving.

1k...but a cr to a 12 valve is apples to oranges...

Pm John P....he has a bunch of miles on a clean high hp 12 valve.

My 98' 12 valve has a chip and a boost elbow, it makes about 300 HP and I daily drive it.

If you want 100% reliability, leave the motor stock if it's a 12 valve.

If you want good reliability, and plan to daily drive, and don't want to spend a fortune, limit yourself to no more than 600 HP. Above that you really start to tear up drivetrain parts quickly.

In my experience, 450-500 HP is all that you can hook up with on the street in 2wd and I don't know of anyone that drives around on dry pavement in 4wd.

Mine will hook up with the proxies but my power comes on slower than most peoples.

When I ran 12.07 I was daily driving and could've ran some more power I believe without fear of total destruction. Thing is though it's always possible something can come apart when beating on chit with 400 or 1000hp especially with all this weight.

When I ran 12.07 I was daily driving and could've ran some more power I believe without fear of total destruction. Thing is though it's always possible something can come apart when beating on chit with 400 or 1000hp especially with all this weight.

12.07 thats impressive and Big Blue24 I know i will be loosing reliability with all the power i just tried to do what i could to the point where i wasnt completely broke and unable to drive on street.

I have a bunch of buddies with high HP CR and Duramax but obvously they can just adjust programmers to make it more manageable on the street

It seems if you drive semi-normal (I know it's hard) 600-700hp is usually the limit. After that, trans parts and to a lesser extent engine parts start becoming uh....costly.

I've been daily driving/racing 600-700hp for 2 years(a little over 30k miles) trouble free. The only thing I ran into was the cam gear starting to walk off, it wasn't to big of a deal since I had a Diesel Pro's cam to put in.

I stays between 24-30* of timing in good weather, and 18-20* with a grid heater in the winter time.

Back