Dana 70 3.54 disc brake axle

hydroshok

Covered in grease
I have a good dana 70 out of a truck I bought. Went back with my 80 and locker. What's it worth? I'll start at $800 obo and see what feedback I get. Truck had just under 200k, needs brakes soon, rotors feel smooth and seems like normal backlash. It didn't leak a drop. Located in Nashville, TN. I can help arrange shipping.

00H0H_dcY0BxCf0YB_600x450.jpg

00z0z_2NT5QFoaFrz_600x450.jpg

00I0I_eGXTIHzswU0_600x450.jpg

00i0i_9CmvB99w2fP_600x450.jpg

00505_kQCiMRbaLJL_600x450.jpg

I appreciate the feedback. I know the guy in KY with Cummins parts gets $1000, but I hope I get more than $300. There is a local guy that offered me $500, but doesn't have any money. Guess I should take it an run if he gets the cash. CL cracks me up though cause the two most common things I hear are: "I really want your ______. What is it?" or "Hey you got any _______. I don't have any money right now."

Wish that was in the budget right now, I'd really like to have that to help my 1st gen stop!

You have to cut and reweld the perches to fit a first gen. You'd be better off doing the hydroboost upgrade first if you're worried about stopping power. You could always pick up an E/F450 axle out of a blown up 6.0 cheap and use that. I have one in my 1st gen and it stops on a dime with the hydroboost.

It's getting back halved and ladder bars anyways, I like the 70s for weight, I want one out of a 2nd gen because there slightly wider and the disc brakes have to be lighter then the drums

That's true. That 70HD is a beast. I can't remember if I could pick it up, but I know I can still pick up the 70. You'd save some weight with the disc brakes too. Been a long while since I had drums, but I know they are heavy.

If my first gen was 4wd, it would be my daily driver. I love how easy they are to work on. You can climb right into the engine bay and sit next to the motor.

Lol that's the best part, you should see how much room I have since I took the inner fenders out, they just don't stop and handle well

Mine handled fine for as big as it is. Moog severe duty coils up front and air bags in the rear.

It sucks. Keep it that way. I'll never buy another. Although, if I could find a 1st gen dana 60 and unload the 10spd, it would be 4wd!

I sold my other truck so I am going to keep this till I find a new project.

Back