dana 80 rear end options for dd/puller

TheSilverBullet

All the correction factor
Just wondering what u guys are running in higher hp trucks. My mods are in my sig the only things I did recently is a billet 62 wheel, water meth, and a 192/215 cam 458 lift. Im currently running a true trac and 354 gears. Im switching truck to 410s so I need to get a different locker. I found a deal on another true trac just curious is it would handle roughly 7 to 800hp and Id prolly do 5 local pulls. I also pull a gooseneck once in awhile and a 400bu gravity flow gooseneck. Any help is appreciated.

I'd say upgrade the axle shafts while your at it but I'd say a trutrac with a set of mosers would do the trick

:drive:I got a set of scs 300m 35 spline axles 241hd and 1480 driveshaft connecting them

I'd skip the trutrac and go either selectable or something like a Detroit or Yukon, grizzly I think they call it.

if you are doing street and pulls the true trac is hard to beat. Super solid design that works very well. It may lack a bit in the pull side, but more than makes up for its street manners. Doing other options is a bigger trade off. great for the few times you NEED it, but acts funny on the street. Lunchboxes are strong if you buy the right ones (Spartan, Aussie Locker), and Spools are the ultimate. Clutched limited slips are worse than a true trac in my opinion, and that leaves air/e lockers to deal with, which are a all or nothing set up.

I like truetrac but a lot of guys on here dont.
And I dont think you need to upgrade anything else at that HP level. The D80 is pretty stout.

Iv had a lot of parts break in my drivetrain, and I just want to be more than stout for my motor.

The only reason I don't care for the trutrac is I've seen them break loose and spin just like a open diff, 33"tire in the snow, it won't overcome much of a traction difference.

if you are doing street and pulls the true trac is hard to beat. Super solid design that works very well. It may lack a bit in the pull side, but more than makes up for its street manners. Doing other options is a bigger trade off. great for the few times you NEED it, but acts funny on the street. Lunchboxes are strong if you buy the right ones (Spartan, Aussie Locker), and Spools are the ultimate. Clutched limited slips are worse than a true trac in my opinion, and that leaves air/e lockers to deal with, which are a all or nothing set up.

Personally, the LS i had in my old 1st Gens were awesome. You never knew they were there until you needed it. I think they called it Power Trac.

I would go selectable, either air or E. I would prefer air so you can get other things like air bags or filling tires. You can lower fronts and raise rear pressures for pulling and readjust before heading on the road again.

haha community college and I can live at home so it's not bad. There is a duramax with a stack and "dirtymax" across the windshield, it also roals coal I bet it's fast :lolly:

also my truck isn't very fast. Runs like crap an 06 with a smarty is comparable. that will be my next thread lol

Back