Dana 80 Swap People...

scat

What did you guys end up doing for the wheels? Mine is a bit wider then stock, so anyone have pictures of how theirs looks with the different offset wheels, or what did you end up doing? My axle is out of a DRW truck. Thanks

I used a cab and chassis dualy axle for mine so it narrowed it up about 1 1/2 inches in each side. I have offset rims so you can't tell the difference unless you look close. Also when I swapped mine I had to shorten the driveshaft an inch and a half because the pinon sits closer to the front of the truck. I'm not sure if it's that way for every swap tho. The rear end was from a 95 and my truck is an 01 so i had to take the speed sensor end from the 95 too because they are different connectors. I believe a regular dually axle is about 1 1/2 inches longer on each end.

I also used the cab and chassis dually axle and used two inch spacers on the rear wheels (thats what i had there at the time) 1 1/2 woulda been perfect...... tho i didnt like the way it looked with the two inch spacers at first but its kinda grown on me i'll see if i can dig up a pic or two and post them up.

I also used the cab and chassis dually axle and used two inch spacers on the rear wheels (thats what i had there at the time) 1 1/2 woulda been perfect...... tho i didnt like the way it looked with the two inch spacers at first but its kinda grown on me i'll see if i can dig up a pic or two and post them up.

Do you sled pull at all or drag race? I was thinking about using a spacer as well but i'm nervous that it'll be too weak.

This is in my girlfriends w250 we made to sled pull just haven't done much of that with it lately since I swapped it :lolly: Her trucks still a VE for now so i didn't have much of concern putting them on there but we shall see if they hold or not. But i was thinking it would be better to take the spacers off when we pulled it because it off sets the wheels inboard enough were the rear tires aren't running entirely in the same tracks as the fronts (kinda like the pro mods do just not as drastic :evil) giving the rear tires a bite into hard packed track instead of loose dirt.....Idk if im on the right track with my thinking but theres a pull coming up i can hopefully talk her into pulling at were I can test my theory..

But i was thinking it would be better to take the spacers off when we pulled it because it off sets the wheels inboard enough were the rear tires aren't running entirely in the same tracks as the fronts (kinda like the pro mods do just not as drastic :evil) giving the rear tires a bite into hard packed track instead of loose dirt.....Idk if im on the right track with my thinking but theres a pull coming up i can hopefully talk her into pulling at were I can test my theory..

My thoughts exactly :Cheer:

Would you mind measuring the rear center to center of the wheels and snagging a picture? I need an idea for as now i just have nothing to drive haha.

you have a motorcycle....lol

You can only fit so many parts in your backpack with the bike. Haha. Still waiting to have your buddy with the white dodge call me back then ill have a beater to drive in the rain LOL

Heres a few quick pics of her truck with 2in spacers installed i can get more if you would like them if you need measurements and such

Attachments

• 0426121839.jpg
    0426121839.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0426121840.jpg
    0426121840.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0426121839a.jpg
    0426121839a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, I still want to have it look almost stock without wide wheels. Guy in town here can narrow it and have the axles resplined in two days for 300 even. Great deal I'd say.

Mine looks the same way, a bit wider in the back than the front. I like it that way.

Back