DD Tranny rebuild?

SeeYaLater5.9

Farmer of the year!!
My trannys on its last leg just about. I have to plan my driving in traffic or the slipping SOB will piss people off, taking forever to get moving.

The most this truck will ever see is a hot tune.

What should i look at having replaced? Obvioulsy probably the TC and VB. Im sure the clutches are toast too.

Who makes the best parts for the buck?

I would say a VB, Single Disc, and billet servo/accum/strut/anchor/and lever. That will take care of proper shift timing and any pressure leakage. And then obviously clutches/bushings/and any worn hardparts.

Does the truck already have the "hot tune"? Because if not, you might not want a tighter converter yet as it will suck to drive at stock power.

Well my other 99' I had a Goerend triple disc and VB. When I put it back to stock power it was terrible. Slower than stock, it was like driving around with the parking brake on all the time. There is a reason why they come from the factory with a loose converter.

Well my other 99' I had a Goerend triple disc and VB. When I put it back to stock power it was terrible. Slower than stock, it was like driving around with the parking brake on all the time. There is a reason why they come from the factory with a loose converter.

Always thought mine drove better with the GB trans even at stock power... No longer felt like the truck was just makin a lot of noise and not going anywhere....

Back