DDP turbos

huck25

Has anyone had any experience running there turbos? I'm looking at getting a bd special but have been told about ddp's turbo but can't find anyone who has used them besides the guy trying to sell it to me. It's a 64 series like the special. Any thoughts.

Didn't even know they made turbos? I looked at their website and it shows that they offer a 62/14 turbo. Nothing about a 64 series, sounds like this guy might be mis informed?

DDP has a turbo line. They have been testing them for a while and now you can get them. They are basically a build to suit thing currently...

Give DDP a call direct and tell them were you are wanting as far as a set up, iirc the do make a kit w/ a 64.

im running there compounds, lenny knows what he is doing with turbo setup. builds them to suit you truck, not a one size fits all.

Well I ended up going with it so in a couple weeks we'll see how it goes. Pretty excited already 10 days or so is gonna kill me!

Well finally got it , it's a 64/74/14 so we'll see how that works. Too bad it won't be for a couple of weeks because of work and a long weekend in the way. Soon as it's in i'll tell ya what I think.

Nope, but if it smokes like the steam train we have in town I guess i'll have to buy a few more brake pads.

i've also got their compounds and i love them, ddp definitely knows how to match the setup to your truck

Nope, but if it smokes like the steam train we have in town I guess i'll have to buy a few more brake pads.

not sure what you're saying... a ton of smoke out of the tailpipe = no need for brakes because you're not going anywhere! LOL

it's a 64/74/14 so we'll see how that works.

Yikes! Hope you got the goods to spool it...
1poke.gif

What I meant was that I'll have to scrub my brakes to build rpm faster.

Turns out it is a 64/71/14 so I should be alright. Finally got the specs from DDP so now just gotta find time to put it in.

Turns out it is a 64/71/14 so I should be alright. Finally got the specs from DDP so now just gotta find time to put it in.

Good b/c at first you said 64/74/14 and that ain't a good turbine to use with the 64 or 62 mm compessor. Now a 66 or 71 it's badass!! Let us know how it does. I've got the BD special, I wonder what the differences are? Does DDP have extended tip technology?

Good b/c at first you said 64/74/14 and that ain't a good turbine to use with the 64 or 62 mm compessor. Now a 66 or 71 it's badass!! Let us know how it does. I've got the BD special, I wonder what the differences are? Does DDP have extended tip technology?

74mm turbine sure worked great on my 62 hmmmmm, and I'll go out on a limb here and say whoever DDP is using for parts, Borg Warner? Then they might have ETT compressor wheels.

I'm not saying it's a bad turbo but it's not the best turbine to use on a 62mm. The drive pressures are HIGH and egt's get up there with bigger nozzles. More the less it's a dead end turbo. You can't make it a good compound high pressure turbo b/c drive pressure would be soo high. As a single it's not bad but the 71mm or 68mm turbine is way better for the 62mm compressor. I'm sure a cam will help but not what I'd want to spend the money fr just a 62 single.

Back