Dead ecm or ??? Need help

cummins0488

Alright guys im having an issue and i would like to be pointed in the right direction. To start its been a long winter as i have had my motor out doing a rebuild. Getting evrerything finished up and was gonna start looking into getting some custom udc tunes. So i had a new smarty ssr and was trying to communicate with ecm and link them to pull information to send for tunes. At first it acted like i didnt have key on and wouldnt connect. Just kept saying key on key off and so on. Turned out i had a few grounds missing. Got all those hooked up and tried again and it linked and pulled info. I sent stock file off for tuning. after recieving tunes i went to put them on the truck and i noticed when i turned key on my fuel pump wasnt kicking on and tried to connect smarty i get same thing. Turn key on > ...turn key off>... wont get anything else. I also removed passenger battery but didnt see anything that would keep this from working. Sorry to be so long but thats exactly what happened. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

try pulling the fuse from the fass. one of them told me on the phone to remove the fuse when programming it could interfer with the ecm. I pulled the fuse from there on out on the airdog. shot in the dark but may help

Last edited:
No good. I feel like ive tried about everything. Still cant get anything to signal fuel pump. Is there any way anti theft is messing with me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back