Dead VP Or Bad Apps?

SeeYaLater5.9

Farmer of the year!!
I get the common dead pedal from time to time, usually i can let out of the pedal completely and cruise for a few seconds and its fine when i step back in it. Sometimes i have to do this several times. But it seems it only happens, actually it DOES only happen, when the trucks at 1/4 tank or less. Don't know if thats relevent or not.

How can i check to see if its the APPS or a dead VP?

Monitor fuel supply pressure. Make sure its not sucking air at or below 1/4 tank. If the apps or VP were going bad it would happen anytime anywhere.

I get the common dead pedal from time to time, usually i can let out of the pedal completely and cruise for a few seconds and its fine when i step back in it. Sometimes i have to do this several times. But it seems it only happens, actually it DOES only happen, when the trucks at 1/4 tank or less. Don't know if thats relevent or not.

How can i check to see if its the APPS or a dead VP?

2 thing causes dead pedal...
  1. VP44 Injection pump failing
  2. APPS Sensor failing

So check your error codes and your fuel pressure... Fuel pressure should be above 10 PSI at all times even under load on the highway which happens to be the best way to test it.

Error codes tell the other half of the tale if the codes for the APPS pop up P0121, P0122 or P0123 then the APPS is the cause. But if the codes P0216, P1688, P1689, P0251, etc... Then the VP44 failed...

Back