Death wobble fixed

02psd7.3

I have had the death wobble for 3 months now. I replaced ball joints all 4. Ujoints while I was there. Switched tires. Replaced steering stablizer. Still had the problem. Finally decided to check track bar bushings warn out big time. I didn't see it befor because the suspension was always hanging. So check that maybe if you have a death wobble problem.

P.S. Ball joints and j joints were all bad truck has 32k on it. But it has 37s and a 6in lift for 30k

mine's got 50K and is in need of 4 ball joints and axle joints.... no lift, no after market wheels, never plowed... no death wobble though. Glad you got yours taken care of.

skyjacker dual steering stablizer fixed my death wobble i can actually run my truck till she tops out and no DW

the balljoints and u-joints have been an issue for dodge on the aam axles, did mine before it went out of warranty, i do about two trucks a week with bad joints

i replaced my track bar, stabilizer shock, and got a BD steering box stabilizer, and it still came back......next on the list are ball joints, positive camber, and tires.

We also had to replace ball joints at 20k. I thought we wore them out on the track but it looks like this is a common problem. We also installed BD's unit and it fixed the problem, we have not had the death woble since the install.

Dennis

i bought offset bushings for the track bar from XLR8R that helped center the axle back under the truck from leveling kit. Helped alittle bit but finnaly got it under control with dual steering stabs.

Back