death wobble on 2010 f350

wwm

TO MANY TRUCKS
i saw a buddy of mine today and asked him where his truck was and he said it was in the shop because the front end goes crazy while making a left turn at speed, he named off some things that were happening to me in my dodge when i had the death wobble. Has anyone had this problem and know what to look for or how to fix it.

once again its a 2010 F-350.
he has takin it in ford twice and they cant fix it and took it to two other machanics.

Need help fast.

We had an 06 with the same issue and fixed it with a 4-link front end to adjust the crappy axle alignment.

I'd say a 4 link or maybe even a trac bar should solve your problem.

I am having the same problem as well only when going left turn at speed. Dont know what is wrong either. Would also love some help with this one.

Sorry its my understanding even ford hasn't got the fix for this one yet. I have heard at class this is a common issue with lots of parts being thrown at them ball joints, track bars, etc. I have heard of some success with alignments I think it was giving them a little more toe in but dont hold me to that. If you have someone with aftermarket wheels that you could swap with try that ie something with less backspacing.

Check the trac bar bushings, they were bad on craigs truck and it looked like the bed was coming off going down the track, now its fine, the bushings tend to push out

Ive got an 08 350 dually I put 19.5s on that will death wobble pretty bad, Ive had it aligned at ford and that helps for 15-20K each time. Mine does it going striat but our country roads are horrible and thats where I have it happen. It only had 35K on it when I bought it and it has done it since then. Ive got another 08 single wheel with a small lift and tires and it never has done it. So I dont think its got to do with lift.

I replaced the original steering stabilizer and added a dual stabilizer as well and that fixed the problem (95% of the death wobble). The issue is the track bar and a company has the real fix but they want $700 or more for the bar with the patented mounts. Link to Track bar fix

Last edited:
Back