decided to do a few pulls

450rbronco

well i decided to do a few pulls with my truck in sig. let me know what you think..
had some ideas i was pondering and wanted to see what you all thought. so far i have been pulling in drive, 4 low, overdrive off, tow haul on. to me this should be letting it shift to third. but not locking im assuming. my rpms stay anywhere from 3200 to 3500 down track. this video pulled me off a 6th place out of 19 trucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-cUPEEYfpc&feature=player_embedded

my question is i keep hearing everyone say to run in 2nd gear with lockup switch. would i be better off? or should i stay in drive with tow haul on and overdrive off.

I never heard it hit 3rd? You got good power for your mods, I would install a lockup switch and lock as soon as you hit second and unlock by the end once you loose momentum.

think i should keep it down in 2nd that way i dont have chance of shifting while locked. garmon stage 2 has input shaft but stock out put and intermidiate .

If you were truly in second yes a locked converter truck will always out pull a non locked truck but it needs unlocked at the right time. What's your gear ratio?

guess this is the general consensus that 2nd locked is the best no matter what

There's a sticky at the top of the page to calculate your different ratios depending on gear selection.

Back