Deer proof bumpers

Here is how one of them held up to a truck dropping 20' straight down a cliff on its nose with a septic trailer in tow. The owner said the bumper saved his 2 kids lives.

378611_10150670720703662_1194752884_n.jpg

Checkout backwoods bumpers. There's a big thread on cf about them. Top quality work

My opinion, don't go for one of the diamond plate bumpers. My brother has one on his dually and hit a deer at 65 and damaged it, nothing to the truck but the bumper bent some. It's one of the new FabFours ranch style fwiw.

I want to know how you service your trucks with the bumper wrapping over the hood like that.

I wish these didnt look so big and stupid on a normal size truck. I think they only look good on a lifted truck, or work specific trucks like flatbeds.
I totally see the need for one and would (should) buy one. I drive my mega about 40K miles a year all over the midwest. I have had some real close calls, but knock on wood i havnt hit anything yet.
If anything the Ranchhand style, Frontier, and the one like Chris had is probobly what i would go for. There not as heavy as the huge FarFours/Fusion style and they dont dwarf the front end as much.
If i hit a deer at 50 mph, its not like the head of that sob isnt takin out my radiator and intercooler anyways... with my luck, or worse flyin up into my windshield.

Last edited:
I may have to stalk BRE and steal my one-off bumper back while he is in Wal-Mart. I miss it. This flimsy plastic schidt has got to go.

I may have to stalk BRE and steal my one-off bumper back while he is in Wal-Mart. I miss it. This flimsy plastic schidt has got to go.

I'm already watching you... Watch yourself. You buy me sport parts and you may have it back. Peacefully...

I'm already watching you... Watch yourself. You buy me sport parts and you may have it back. Peacefully...

You want new or used? :hehe:

Dammit.... :bang I don't need something else to do. :D

I don't care what title you give them if they are in good shape. Although... I'd miss that thing too

I'm pretty sure the ranch hands are very strong. Every place around her has them for sale and a bunch of trucks run them. I just like to be different I guess.

Quick story: My buddy moves trailer houses. He buried his toter one day with a trailer on it. He told Jim to get the one ton. It was a red '99 dually identical to my old black '99. We bought them a week apart. Jim hooks the big tow strap to the ranch hand and jerks on the toter. Reyn tells him on the CB "jerk harder". Then "jerk harder". Then "get some slack and pull the hell out of it." The driver's side frame bolts ripped out...sending the bumper back and into the passenger side lights and fender crushing them. Then the passenger side bolts ripped out of the frame and the whole bumper came off and landed about half way between the two. The bumper was still new without damage. It even had the bolts still in the mounting brackets. Niether of them have lived that story down to this day. LOL

Ranch Hands Legend series on a silver qcsb here! (no pics) unless someone is down for a tutorial! But Chris' bumper seems better than the nearly $1200 I spent on mine, although the bumper paid for itself many times over in the first 6 months.

We have a deer problem on the roads here, I hit 13 deer with my old ranch hand without any effects.

Back