denny t pin help

tcs 91

does someone have any info on the denny t fuel pin for the ve? how do they work as compared to others? have a dynomite pin [old smoky?]. where can you get one if interested? is there a better pin? seems like a lot of question marks. oh well, like i said before, it's a treasure hunt. thanks tc

is the AFC foot in your pump ground off? if it is then changing fuel pins wont make a difference. I have no experience with a denny t pin but i cant imagine it being any deeper than an old smokey.

is the AFC foot in your pump ground off? if it is then changing fuel pins wont make a difference. I have no experience with a denny t pin but i cant imagine it being any deeper than an old smokey.

But it is. Also the 'old smokey' is the original DennyT pin. He now has a stage 2 pin, that is deeper and more agressive. Not sure if he reads here or not, dont think so. Go over to DTR and PM him.

more agressive doesnt sound like a good thing to me. the ramp on the old smokey pin is almost to steep already.

if you remove the afc foot a deeper pin is not needed, but you will also have less low boost fuel control.

Thier not for everybody, depends on how much fuel you want or need...
For drag racing, you want lots of it and early if your spraying it.

thanks for the info. could always use a little more fuel when racing. could always change it back. can go a few mos. at a time here when your'e not doing anything. i'll look on dtr. tc

i am saying that the ramp on the smokey pin is physically as steep as it can go without causing issues with the pin riding on it. which is why i couldnt imagine the denny t pin being steeper.

stock600, you have any pictures of the denny t pin, i am curious what it looks like.

Again the old smokey pin IS DennyT's pin. No i dont have a pic. of it, its in my brother in laws truck. It maxes out the pumps fueling arm, or pin: any deeper would do nothing. His name is Dennis he lives in Waco and makes all his pins himself, nice guy too, loke him up over at DTR, tell him Ryan sent ya.

Sorry Guys

Correction guys, i was very wrong about the Ol Smokey being DennyT's pin, and sorry for the mistake. They are 2 diff. peoples pins, and are both made from scatch, a totally redisigned pin from the original equiptment. Both will make a ton of diff. over even a ground stocker, the design just allows for much for pin travel for more fuel. Again im sorry for the mistake, i dont deal with the VE pump stuff much and got turned around. Dennis does make 2 versions of the DennyT pin though and he can be reached over at DTR. Me and my brother in law are taking out the new 12v VE powered drag truck for the first time this coming weekend, and hoping it runs well, it has Dennis's stage 2 pin in it, and we ran the stage 1 pin in it when it was in the 93 3/4 ton dodge. The 91 chevy the engines in now is over a ton lighter, we'll see how see runs.

i bought one of the denny t pins, got it in before the truck drags at sac. [the night before, naturally.] i could tell a diff driving it and it really didn't smoke much more than the ddp. just noticeable. i'll leave it in. tc

But it is. Also the 'old smokey' is the original DennyT pin. He now has a stage 2 pin, that is deeper and more agressive. Not sure if he reads here or not, dont think so. Go over to DTR and PM him.

Where do you get the stage two pin?

Coalminer-PSD, you can PM him on dieseltruckresource.com they are $100 shipped to your door. Old smokey pin and this one are made by two different people and there are a lot of copies of the original old smokey but not as good as it. I have a DennyT pin and I like it alot.

For any one that needs to get in touch with DennyT let me know, He is a good friend of mine. P.M. me

Have mine in teh truck and it is AMAZING the difference from stock. It is the next best thing to grinding/removing your AFC foot.

what are you guys talkin about the afc foot? whats that and does it need to be removed? cuz i just got the old smoky fuel pin....

Back