designated delivery vavle thread

jamesl

elbows deep
been looking at delivery valve info for the last two days. all of the info is scattered everywhere. it would be nice if we could have a sticky of all the different valves with info on added fuel, drivability, part numbers, manuf, which pump has what valve factory, for each set.

7mm

comps

laser cuts

Awesome. I hope this thread works like its intended to!

Seems like you should populate with the info you have found over the past two days.

been looking at delivery valve info for the last two days. all of the info is scattered everywhere. it would be nice if we could have a sticky of all the different valves with info on added fuel, drivability, part numbers, manuf, which pump has what valve factory, for each set.

131 - Found in 160 and 175hp pumps (94-95 ram trucks)

181 - Found in 180 and 215 pumps (96-98 ram trucks)

7mm

comps

laser cuts - also referred to as "full cut", shoulder is completely removed, competition use only, associated with large plumes of black smoke and high EGTs LOL

I'm being lazy and I'm on my phone so maybe a little bit of info to get it started.

I couldn't post in the other thread because it was closed, but would 181 DV's be an improvement in my setup with stock injectors? Or would it not be worth my time/money?

That may have been when he was tired of getting grief for posting real info and deleted all his posts.

More along the lines of being tired of people without facts arguing with someone that had facts.

This was some time ago, I've come to terms with things. People should realize the effort it takes to gather some information, for example; there were a couple hundred dollars worth of new nozzles destroyed to create the Injector Breakdown thread, this information is only free to those reading it, not those willing to share it.

Do you want info on custom cut dvs to. Like specs and such. I have a custom set from Will (big blue) and love them. I could get the specs up if you would like

Do you want info on custom cut dvs to. Like specs and such. I have a custom set from Will (big blue) and love them. I could get the specs up if you would like

sure, the more the merrier. just quote teddys post with his info and add yours into the mix. kinda the same format as the turbo sticky

Seems like you should populate with the info you have found over the past two days.

im working on it but dont have it all together yet. just notes

I'm being lazy and I'm on my phone so maybe a little bit of info to get it started.

thanks teddy, any helps

Search is your friend...

well seeing how that thread is 4-5 years old im sure there is new and more information available. im looking at more up to date options and would like to know where they fit in the mix.

More along the lines of being tired of people without facts arguing with someone that had facts.

i appreciate any info given weston, i would really like this to be an informative thread with factual information not some bloated biased opinions. i really like the format of the turbo thread once again and if enough info gets posted it maybe can get stickied.

I believe you meant 179 instead of 171, it is a variation of the 131 and there are a few. I'll look back through my notes and see what I can dig up.

Using 181's as a baseline on my pump:

024's added 7% more fuel.
Weston's 8mm comps added 11.7% more fuel.
Pump was flowed with all 3 DV's on the test stand, so it should be an accurate comparison.

RonA

Last edited:
Back