Desotomaxx Build

Boogaloons

Well I've been browsing on the forums for awhile, usually in the Dodge sector. Thought is was about time to start a build thread since it's actually running and no longer just a wild idea....

Started with an 03 2wd LB7 and a '56 Desoto Firefly body. Goal is to run the car at Bonneville at 200+ mph then other events such as Texas mile, Big Bend open road race, drags, etc.I'll need to find a better host site for pictures, but for now here is a link for the Facebook page with more photos.

https://www.facebook.com/desotomaxx

Picture%202276_zpsrwk5gak4.jpg

Picture%202715_zpsm5botm8v.jpg

Picture%203275_zpsc7fcfj2n.jpg

I'll try to add more and catchup everyone on the build, It's come a long way!

Picture%205330_zpsryilkz5n.jpg

ResizedImage951412446981111_zpskn74kdsp.jpg

full%20car_zpsrpmhc6fp.jpg

Last edited:
VERY cool ride!!! Look forward to seeing it finished. Maybe shooting a feature on it when it's done if we can get together...

replies

And I thought I was cool for my 53 Desoto I was going to put a 4bt in. Might as well sell it now. Cant compete with that.
Have any pictures? Thought about a sixer, but weight/tuning ability was a concern. After the racing, full interior and stock Desoto dash will be put in car. Nothing like having a daily driver that looks neat and a DSP5 switch for those "occasional" 200+ runs....

Love it! Let me know if you need help on the performance or tuning side of the build.
Thanks, will need LOTS of stuff for the go fast part.

VERY cool ride!!! Look forward to seeing it finished. Maybe shooting a feature on it when it's done if we can get together...
Absolutely! Anything you need for a feature I would love to help.

What's in store for the motor build in it?
First trip out there we will be testing the chassis and make sure it will go straight and not disintegrate! After that, motor will be based around long duration, high rpm, high boost scenarios. No specific parts yet, loooong way from that currently.

First Steps

Got the truck cheap due to bad injectors. Just to get it running, put some good reman stock units in it. Truck did roughly 124 mph by itself stock, so only 70mph more and we are there! :lolly:
Picture%205240_zpsfcsalkdx.jpg

Stripped it down, saving everything in case we needed it for later.
Picture%205245_zpssirw47mw.jpg

Picture%205244_zps2t2ji4hd.jpg

You can see where we cut the frame and are trying to engineer the 4 link
Picture%205241_zpscbb4x1yq.jpg

Have any pictures? Thought about a sixer, but weight/tuning ability was a concern. After the racing, full interior and stock Desoto dash will be put in car. Nothing like having a daily driver that looks neat and a DSP5 switch for those "occasional" 200+ runs....

Thanks, will need LOTS of stuff for the go fast part.

Absolutely! Anything you need for a feature I would love to help.

First trip out there we will be testing the chassis and make sure it will go straight and not disintegrate! After that, motor will be based around long duration, high rpm, high boost scenarios. No specific parts yet, loooong way from that currently.

Keep us posted on the progress and hopefully we can get together at an event or something once you complete the build so we can shoot it for a feature.

What a cool build guys, way out of the box. I would love to d the same to an old Cadillac and run 4wd also.

Back