Desperately need help with diag on dt466e

randal07

another guy with a truck
I have a 2003 international dt466e, the problem started about a month ago. After the truck got to operating temp it would lose power, begin to sputter and blow white smoke under load (smells like raw fuel) and above 1700 rpm. I checked for active and inactive faults and found none, after searching I found that a common problem was the cam sensor. I bought a new cam sensor with shims from international and installed it per instructions with .015" of shims between the sensor and cover. After the new sensor, I started the truck while it was cold and under slight load it was bellowing black smoke for about 2 min then it cleared up and ran fine until it got to 180 degrees and then it lost power, began sputtering and blowing white smoke under load. I let the truck sit for a day, went out to start it and it had plenty of power and ran fine until it warmed up. I'm lost, I cant find anyone with these same symptoms on any forums. I began to think it could be injectors or injector seals but what is leading me away from that, is that the truck only acts up when warm and after around 1700 rpms. If you slowly start backing off the throttle, all the symptoms will go away except for low power. If you start to give it more throttle, all the symptoms come right back like a switch was flipped. So far, I have replaced the cam sensor, drained and cleaned the fuel bowl, cleaned sediment filter and replaced fuel filter. Does anyone have any ideas?

Back