Destroked stroker

intersting im sure that isnt cheap at all. look at the price of the stroker kits from socal for the chevys...

i wouldnt think so. talking to socal in the past they took it the farthest possible while still letting it be a "drop in" i would assume destroked did the same as it wouldnt be very user friendly if they couldnt just drop it in and go so to speak

look at how a 6.7 spools a charger just imagine that big sob oh the possibiltys with that

In a stock bore 5.9 that gives you a 398.102ci engine

That is 4ci short of a 6.7

But that crank in a stock bore 6.7 is 449.420.

This is the email I recieved back from Scott at Destroked:

The price for everything, crank , rods, and pistons, is $12000. It is a billet fully counterbalanced crank. Rods are billet and pistons are coated aluminum. We are flexible on the bowl design. Since we do them in house, we can do whatever best suits your needs. Stroke on this one is 5.280. Custom stroke lengths are not a problem but the lead time is 12 weeks.

well i think he got that from if you ran that crank in a 6.7 cause to find the liters of a motor take borexborexstrokexnumber of cylindersx.7854 will get you the cubic inch then divide that by 61.02 and you have your liters for example: a 6.7 has a bore of 4.21 and stroke of 4.88 which would be 4.21x4.21x4.88x6x.7854= 407.59 divided by 61.02= 6.68l motor so if you put that crank in there and ran some .020 over pistons in a 6.7 it would give you a 7.3l motor at 445.20 cubic inches

its more than socal sells there for that go in the chevys i think theirs is around 10k but its a sweet kit for sure i just wonder how much is really to be gained if one were to have more cubic inch

With the limits of the factory head, not really for sure much gain, but....

For towing, street milage and sled pulling this added stroke would help tremendously.....bit expensive though

Back