Determine Value of 6.0 Engine

kasey200

Hey guys,
I have done some research and am having trouble finding a good way to determine the value of the 6.0 out of my excursion. (I pulled it to do a cummins swap.) I have looked on ebay and they vary so much it's not a good way to get a feel.
It is an 03 with 230,000 miles. As far as i know it is original but i don't have a way of knowing for sure. It ran good when i pulled it. I pulled a carfax and it doesn't tell me much. It does not include the PCM, engine harness, or starter. There is also a few sensors missing (oil pressure, h20 temp, AC high pressure)
Can you guys give me some pointers so i can get it listed? Thank you!

A 6.0 with that many miles isn't likely to bring a lot of money in. The best thing to do is check out some of the Powestroke sites and see what these motors are selling for. As a FYI, there's a 05 6.0 with under 60k miles on it for sale for $4k / obo (includes a lot of new or recently re-built parts).

put a price on it that you would buy it for and it will sell

Yup. The motor is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. To keep yourself happy (sane), ask yourself this: If my 6.0 crapped the bed and I was replacing it with a used 6.0, what would I be willing to pay for this motor?

I was actually gonna ask you if you still had that 6.0l.. Found a truck ('03 F350 6spd) that needs a new 6.0l.

Can anyone tell me if the 6.0l out of the Ex would work in the F350?

I was actually gonna ask you if you still had that 6.0l.. Found a truck ('03 F350 6spd) that needs a new 6.0l.

Can anyone tell me if the 6.0l out of the Ex would work in the F350?

it will. same motor...

So a little off topic but.. a few years ago my '06 F350 6.0l 6spd, blew the engine.. It went to McKie Ford to be fixed they had it for 2 1/2 months.. When i asked why it was taking so long, i got told it was because the engine they were sent was for an automatic truck, and won't bolt up to a manual tranny. Their is no truth too this? I was just getting the run around while they sat with my truck? Sorry for the long post, just Kinda irritates me that i was getting screwed with by the dealer..

Back