Dex's (BFD99) Input Shaft

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
Here is the Solidworks drawing of the input shaft that will be made for Dex's transmission. It will be cut from Unobtanium. Involute Splines will be put on the ends of the shaft using special cutters developed from metals heat treated with the fires from Hell. (I keep a little box of Hell Fire in the corner.)

picture.php

Who is making them? Who is going to test them? Just remember who ever test one of those shafts and it comes apart its wrecking more than a shaft. What kind of warranty will that have. I think I would rather run on of the others already out there

Listed below will probably be one of those shafts after the first month
ouch1.jpg

ouch2.jpg

The other shafts out there are from either Sonnax or TCS. After seeing several broken "300m" shafts from either suspect heat treat or from possible use of 8620 instead of 300m I begin to wonder whats going on with other shafts out there.

Dex's shaft will be fully warrantied. If it breaks I will replace it and the pump and the converter.

Rob, sounds like you are jealous of the cool new things that Dex will get to play with.

did you forget my Job and resources.

Im not jelous I have a full billet trans including output shaft....Im just saying I would run anything prototype with out hard data. Torque convertors and trannys arent cheap....

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

That purple piece of **** is hillarious to me. Read the post above. I just told you where the parts came from inside that transmission and converter.

Doug.....I was just pointing out they should be careful running stuff in their trans they is not tested. We all know you are the smartest guy on this forum.
Also what kind of FEA is being done on the shaft prior to running it.

Just curious, but why are you making the shaft two piece?

Are you going to do anything about the hub or use a stocker?

Stock shaft is 2 piece. There is a flow passage through the hub. The recessed area needs to be there. The hub will be made from a different material.

I give props to anyone that tries new stuff, builds new stuff...whatever.
If someone didn't do it we'd all have the same power we had 5 years ago.

I know I spent quite a bit of time trying new parts on my 6.0....it was fun to try and break stuff. LOL

If you need any help testing stuff for a 47rh I'd be more than willing to help out. Looking good.

Back