DHD T-case for an Auto

farmboysdiesel

I'll Take Two!!
I think my LD has had enough. Just wanted to see if anybody had a deal or new a good source for a 241DHD that'll hook up to an auto. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

farmboysdiesel said:
I think my LD has had enough. Just wanted to see if anybody had a deal or new a good source for a 241DHD that'll hook up to an auto. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Might be in luck, I have Get blown 5.9 manual tranny t case that I swaped out input gears so i could run Opies bigger output. I believe he wants to sell it I just need to put a new mainshaft in it if he'll buy one.

Do like many of us have already done, and put in a 271. My 241DHD didn't hold up at the 600hp level. In either case I would contact Transfer Case Express. They can give you info on the 271 swap or sell you a 241DHD. Oh, BTW, not only are 271's stronger by a fair margin, they are also usually cheaper.

Paul

and a ford 271 will work as well. only need to change the input shaft, $120 at the dealer believe it or not (the part, not labor). either way you are going to need new driveshafts so the yoke differences shouldn't matter.

I'm using the stock front driveshaft. On the rear I had to output converted to a flange, so the rear driveline did change. I don't know if the stock one would have worked or not. It would have been close.

Paul

I guess I'll have to have the rear shaft shortened again. So you guys think that a 271 is the way to go?? How much heavier are they??

I read in Diesel Power the artical about Jim Smith's truck said he runs a 241DLD. He makes alot more HP than we do. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

I done it to mine and a few other’s Gus it's not that bad at all of a swap. If you put in a Dodge 271 t-case the rear shaft has to be shorten and you have to get a yoke from a 3rd gen. The u-joints from a DHD are the same in the 3rd gens yokes. The case is usually about 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch from the driver’s side frame rail. I have heard that other’s had to notch the frame rail but I wouldn’t do it. Check this place out you can pick one up for under 800.00 look up year 2005 then Dodge then 3500 then hit transfer case.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214583

Back