DHRA Nationals-Friday/Saturday or leave Sat/Sun?

What format would you prefer?

• Friday qualifying/Saturday finals

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Leave it Saturday/Sunday

Votes: 78 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EMcBride

Hoosier Stormtrooper
You vote, we'll go with majority.
Just so you know the thought process is that Sunday is the "important day" with the finals and we get the bulk of our spectators on Saturday. The spectators don't care to go just to see qualifying, so we thought it would be better to give them the finals on Saturday.
But we are your association, vote now and be heard!

Eric, start a new thread with a poll. I'll delete this one when you post the new one

I like how it has been, I dont think anyone is going to take off work on Fri to come watch/compete

Yeah, I understand your reasoning, but it'd be too tough to make it to a lot of the events having to take off an extra day than I normally would.

yeah that would mean having to skip an extra day of class, and would make it harder for most i would imagine.

Would it be possible to do it all the same day? Drag qual, sled qual, drag finals, sled finals.

THATpreston said:
Would it be possible to do it all the same day? Drag qual, sled qual, drag finals, sled finals.
We are going to try it in Salt Lake City, Louie. If it works there, you may see more of that...
New thought:
Saturday run Top Diesel, Pro Diesel, Pro Street with a test n tune in between for drag racing- sled pulling run the top two classes on Saturday and on Sunday run ET Brackets, Quick Diesel, Outlaw Diesel the other three pulling classes on Sunday???? I'm liking that idea.

Last edited:
Definately keep the Sat/ Sun thing as now that the West coast event is moved even further from California, gonna need to take that Friday off just to get out there in time for the event. Not to mention, if any of us west coasters attend the Texas event we are gonna need to take Thursday off as well and probably even Monday/Tuesday the following week just to get out there and back.
Just my opinion, I love and support DHRA but for it to really grow, it needs to be more "Nationally" friendly and not so much centered around Indiana. No pun intended as I am aware that is basically where the bulk of sled pulling is and had started. :)

Joe

THATpreston said:

I was thinking the same also.

What around running under the lights?

Say Start out with Quals for Racing, do the sled quals, then go back to Finals for Racing and then Finals for Sleds under the lights?

I know normally in Texas you have somewhat light untill ~8PM.

Then turn the lights on and run sleds :D

But I still like the Friday/Saturday thing ;)

Having a Friday afternoon start for qualifiers then running under the lights Friday night and then come back Saturday afternoon and having finals under the lights too would be too cool.
I know at Indy anyway that the heat is a killer, and the stands are empty on Sunday. Most people have left to head home already Sunday morn or at least by noon. Besides Eric, how many tickets did ya sell on Friday for the 2 day pass at Indy this year, I know we bought 22 of them at the gate Friday..........later guys.

SpicyJam said:
Eric, how many tickets did ya sell on Friday for the 2 day pass at Indy this year, I know we bought 22 of them at the gate Friday.
that's a good question, because I didn't like that Idea you should be able to buy them saturday before a certain time. some of us don't come over till saturday.
Jay

does the fact that the tracks are cheaper on fri./sat. verses sat./sun. have anything to do with it?

I like taking off work Friday and the next Monday. 2 weeks of only 4 days of work. When i say taking off, i really mean calling in. Drive from missouri isnt to bad. So it really doesnt matter to me either way.

Im about 25 minutes east of Columbus, Buckeye Lake area.
As far as this:

some of us don't come over till saturday.

Your missing half the fun. We generally have a pretty convoy over to Indy. I think year b4 last we had around 25-27 trucks by the time we rolled in. If you can get Friday off, roll over with us, if ya want. (and if you dont mind a bunch of smokin goats) :rockwoot:

I think we are going to have some GTG out this way over the winter...more than welcome to join!

HOLYSMOKES said:
Im about 25 minutes east of Columbus, Buckeye Lake area.
As far as this:

Your missing half the fun. We generally have a pretty convoy over to Indy. I think year b4 last we had around 25-27 trucks by the time we rolled in. If you can get Friday off, roll over with us, if ya want. (and if you dont mind a bunch of smokin goats) :rockwoot:

I think we are going to have some GTG out this way over the winter...more than welcome to join!
I wait till saturday trying to make my pulling fund last longer. shoot me a PM when your having a GTG I will try to come over.
Jay

Big town of Owensville Missouri here. We have about 30 or 40 of us head to indy every year!! And its nice having them come down for the fair every year. Only have to travel once a year now.

Hey Eric did you get a whole new staff since the NADM was created? Just wondering as to what is in store for the DHRA? Like what changes etc......

NADM
SpicyJam
seen this in another thread please more info, I read about reorganization of DHRA but who is the NADM ?
Jay

Back