DHRA Nationals - What did you run?

Outlaw1

Resident Redneck
My first pass off the interstate was a 13.35 @ 98.95mph with a 1.83 sixty foot. The next pass was a 13.38 @ 99.25mph.

I didn't get very much time to watch anyone else making passes. How did everyone else run?

Out of the six runs I made, 3 smoked the lights and I was in the 10s. Too bad it is only SMOKE and mirrors.

Out of the other 3 I think 12.88s @105 was the best time. I have been trying to turn things down a little to be more consistent for bracket racing. Pretty sure a couple of the smoked light runs were probably closer to 12.7s, but certainly can't prove it.

my best times yet!

r/t - .809
60' - 3.72
330' - 7.67
1/8th- 10.878 @ 79.20
1000- 13.61
1/4- 16.002 @ 96.51

i rule!

50.3 @ 20 MPH and change.

Y'all better fear the DI golfcart. LOL

Outlaw1 said:
Alright! A 6.0 I can beat!

:shake:

Well, I wouldn't count on that. I had DJ erase the PCM and we were starting over with tuning it again, friday night. Last year I had 13.6's, This year I was hoping for low 13's, high 12's:rockwoot: . Next year is another story. After being at DI, riding in Richards truck, Snow white, and seeing Elmo run, I have a very bad itch. Lets just say the next move depends upon how bad the motor is busted in the boat. :evil :evil

BIGRPOWR said:
should've hit me up. i had 2 switches i WASNT using.

Thanks, Thats what I love about this sport, I had 2 other people throwing switches at me too. Finally got it going after they closed the track Saturday. Was hoping to get to run it SUnday. John Wood also wrote me a file that felt very strong Saturday night, and it almost got us arrested.:bang :bang :rules:

UNBROKEN said:
50.3 @ 20 MPH and change.

Y'all better fear the DI golfcart. LOL

Yeah, that was the longest 1/4 mile of my life, but perhaps the funnest.:ylsuper:

By the way, did ya'll know that Bunting got :eek:wned: on that run!

yeah outlaw, i run 16's on spray. almost got your trap speed with no t/c. bottles are still full so you heard wrong. was your 13.35 on the bottle?

Last edited:
Outlaw. Are you the guy that bought Dually1's parts?

Just curious

Dalpilot said:
Well, I wouldn't count on that. I had DJ erase the PCM and we were starting over with tuning it again, friday night. Last year I had 13.6's, This year I was hoping for low 13's, high 12's:rockwoot: . Next year is another story. After being at DI, riding in Richards truck, Snow white, and seeing Elmo run, I have a very bad itch. Lets just say the next move depends upon how bad the motor is busted in the boat. :evil :evil

Those 6.0's run STRONG. Can't argue with that.

BIGRPOWR said:
yeah outlaw, i run 16's on spray. almost got your trap speed with no t/c. bottles are still full so you heard wrong. was your 13.35 on the bottle?

Nope, I haven't used any nitrous with this truck yet because that was the first pass with a functioning transmission. BTW, I built the transmission myself Thursday, finished assembling Friday after lunch, had it back in the truck and tested it out that evening, then left at 6:00 the next morning with ~60 miles on it to drive ~245 miles to HRP to race it. That 13.35 @ 98.95 was the first pass off the interstate. Don't worry though, I'll have a dual stage nitrous system on the truck as soon as it gets back from Utah. It's headed out there hauling a car and it's bringing back another one for me. It should be here late next week.

Oh yeah, you're just 4mph off my worn out farm truck's traps. :shake: It's just a worn out 222,000 mile bone stock longblock with stock head bolts, stock HPOP, stock spider, stock uppipes, stock EBV, stock AIH, 6.0 intercooler, GTP38R, Mini-Me's, home built El Cheapo transmission, cheap RPM Outlet 5" exaust, SX fuel system and couple of other little things. I ran that 99.25 with only 440RWHP and full weight. Ok, ok...I pulled the spare tire and tailgate off.

What all did you have when you ran 13.40's?

I hope you can take some friendly ribbin'.

:poke:

PTSUPERD said:
Outlaw. Are you the guy that bought Dually1's parts?

Just curious

That's me! And let me tell you, those parts WORK!

:ylsuper:

mini-me's , ball bearing, no fuel system= 13.4 with a 50 jet on 37's.

i guess my trap speed of 100.71 last weekend doesn't count since i smoked the lights. that was #2 only and i have a feeling that was probaly faster than you. i can take ribbin no doubt. you'll have a new # to shooot for very soon. something's very wrong cuz ur #'s don't nearly add up . 440 and a 13.3 don't make sense. i'm glad ur so proud of your wrenching skills! lol

oh yeah, my worn out longlblock only has studs so it ain't built. but my other motor is.

Yup they worked in Darin's truck too! He spoke highly of you. He said you knew your stuff....

Back