DHRA rumors

EMcBride

Hoosier Stormtrooper
It seems that there are some rumors about DHRA. We aren't going anywhere, we are reorganizing for 2008-this included changing some of our personnel.
We are doing quite well, we look forward to announcing a TON of new sponsors, events and a new more professional DHRA.
Larry Knight, President of DHRA, has put forth a policy that DHRA officials will not be accessible via discussion boards.
If you wish to contact anyone at DHRA, please email us or call us:
Larry Knight larry@dhraonline.com
General information: info@dhraonline.com
Or call 765-768-6400

We will be on here to announce schedules, and keep everyone up to speed on press releases. So far we have scheduled our sled pulls and our national events. We are still scheduling our drag races. DHRA will be going to a Friday/Saturday national event schedule:

May 30-31 Indiana Diesel Nationals
August 16th Utah Diesel Nationals* tentative date*
October 10-11 Texas Diesel Nationals

Thanks.

I like the new October date....it won't clash with my kids b-day which means I can be there for the whole thing for a change.

Eric, any chance we can get a Bio on Mr. Knight? You know just the basics where was he an official, whats his background in racing that sort of thing.

EMcBride said:
Larry Knight, President of DHRA, has put forth a policy that DHRA officials will not be accessible via discussion boards.

Thanks.

Then what are you doing here?

EMcBride said:
It seems that there are some rumors about DHRA. We aren't going anywhere, we are reorganizing for 2008-this included changing some of our personnel.
We are doing quite well, we look forward to announcing a TON of new sponsors, events and a new more professional DHRA.
If you wish to contact anyone at DHRA, please email us or call us:
Larry Knight larry@dhraonline.com
General information: info@dhraonline.com
Or call 765-768-6400

We will be on here to announce schedules, and keep everyone up to speed on press releases. So far we have scheduled our sled pulls and our national events. We are still scheduling our drag races. DHRA will be going to a Friday/Saturday national event schedule:

May 30-31 Indiana Diesel Nationals
August 16th Utah Diesel Nationals* tentative date*
October 10-11 Texas Diesel Nationals

Thanks.

Aint that the truth.

SO your going to keep officials from going on sites that promote your sport? That sounds a little ungrateful.

It's called not being in touch. That shows loudly by the spur of the moment rule change. Eric I wish you the best but I don't think you understand what is needed in sled pulling.

Dalpilot said:
SO your going to keep officials from going on sites that promote your sport? That sounds a little ungrateful.
Not at all Tim, it's quite the opposite. We are going to be more about the diesel enthusiast. I'll let our actions do the talking.
We will visit frequently to post press releases, news, etc. When it comes to discussing DHRA matters, everyone is better served to contact us at corporate. Plus our new staff doesn't post.

There was no spur of the moment rule change, if you have comments, contact me here at the office Kevin. 765-768-6400.

Maybe you should ask Deter, Gene and Dave to come back. Say pretty please.

aircop said:
Maybe you should ask Deter, Gene and Dave to come back. Say pretty please.
-----------------
Good point aircop! I would like to hear something from EcBride about those individuals too.

--------
John_P

John_P said:
-----------------
Good point aircop! I would like to hear something from EcBride about those individuals too.

--------
John_P

he already spoken
EMcBride said:
I'll let our actions do the talking.
We will visit frequently to post press releases, news, etc. When it comes to discussing DHRA matters, everyone is better served to contact us at corporate. Plus our new staff doesn't post.

cyclone said:
he already spoken
-----------------
cyclone:

Yeah thanks, I saw that too, but I would like to personally hear from Eric about it. The so called "rumors" Eric mentions, speak of mistreatment of DHRA's own employees, that the organization is going down instead of up and that many of the racers also don't have a real high opinion of the way things ae currently going. Not trying to start trouble here, just wondering what is really the truth???

--------
John_P

john p
i am not trying to start trouble here either but

i think you misunderstood what i had to say

i was trying to let people read into what i had to say but here it is, actions do speak louder than words and the actions have been taked already and i and many others have heard them loud and clear!

as far as the dhra i will only listen to actions from this moment on as the words have ment nothing this far!

know i am not a racer or puller but i am a vendor and sponsor, but i do know many of the racers and pullers and their opinions.

Whats with this Friday and Saturday thing. What about the people that have to work for a living. It doesant matter if there Drag racers, sledpullers or fans.

cyclone said:
john p
i am not trying to start trouble here either but

i think you misunderstood what i had to say

i was trying to let people read into what i had to say but here it is, actions do speak louder than words and the actions have been taked already and i and many others have heard them loud and clear!

as far as the dhra i will only listen to actions from this moment on as the words have ment nothing this far!

know i am not a racer or puller but i am a vendor and sponsor, but i do know many of the racers and pullers and their opinions.
-----------------
cyclone:

DOH,......my apologies to you buddy! I did misunderstand you. I see what you are saying now. Thanks.

-------
John_P

aircop said:
Whats with this Friday and Saturday thing. What about the people that have to work for a living. It doesant matter if there Drag racers, sledpullers or fans.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. If you think of it I would say that most of the people that go to them are 3+ hours away...I am 10 hours.

Personally I would rather take my time to get there for Saturday and rush home sunday for work on Monday than Rush there for Friday morning...Missing work Friday non the less....then take our time comming home sunday.

I think that is one big piss off and think that if you are going to move it to Friday...you should have quallifying friday night and spread out the rest of the weekend for a better show!!!

I was planning on bringing at least 2 trucks down to Indy for the Pulls but I know my brother won't even be able to come now if he has to take off thursday in order to make it there for Friday. Last year we left at 4am friday morning (wasted 2 hours at the boarder...almost got the"bend over i'm putting on a rubber glove) and then rolled into indy at 6 just intime for the festivities at the Party Hotel.

This sucks!!!

RyanB

I think the Friday/Saturday thing will be a HUGE hit down here in Texas.

Since Texas is really big part of the Bible belt with TONS of people going to Church on Sunday and really doing FAMILY things on Sunday.

But that goes for other areas as well ;)

This was made very much evident at the Texas Diesel Nationals this year. If you went to both days, you can tell the attendence was MUCH more on Saturday than on Sunday.

I know alot of people that would have to take Friday off anyways to travel to the events.

Travel Thursday Night, Get to Event Friday, Load up Saturday Night, Leave Sunday Morning, Go to work Monday morning ;)

Seems to work to me :D

Back