diablo predator or smarty

06RedRam

Along for the ride
Which of the two will be better for 06 and 07 5.9 can-bus system, for everyday driving with all the mods one or two steps over stock except injectors. Try to keep in real

You could say anything versus the Diablo Predator and I would go with the alternative.
I don't have a Smarty but I did try the Predator and it was terrible. Way too hot (EGT's way too high too fast to get any use out of the power) and the power was terrible down low, didn't kick in until boost came up- almost as bad as stock.
My vote- anything but a Predator.

Well, that was a nice review of a Predator LOL

I had a Predator before the Smarty and was pleased with it. I never had any real complaints about it, just wanted the Smarty for the the fact that it has more adjustments and options.

Predator erased my ecm twice, third time (shame on me) fried it. This was on a gas 6.0 gm. I wasn't about to even think about it on my diesel.

umm yeah. smarty dont waist ur money on anything diablo... way more options on smarty and u can always undate the new stuff on it right off there website..

I have run a Predator for over 150K miles on my 2003 and I have no complaints. I made just over 450 RWHP and the only mods were the Diablo, intake and exhaust. Stock injectors and turbo.

All the good and bad reply made me come to the under standing deferent stroke for deferent folk LOL!! Than you have ask yourself why so many update file are we looking for the best for our truck with our mods and up grade. I own a smarty have been updating to find the best for my street rod 2006 dzzlpwr 2500 6speed. At one time I had a great update file Beta 4.2 none I can't go back to it with out losing my key count. If there was a fix for that down fall than Smarty be #1 in my book with many other cummins owners

I have run a Predator for over 150K miles on my 2003 and I have no complaints. I made just over 450 RWHP and the only mods were the Diablo, intake and exhaust. Stock injectors and turbo.

Mine dynoed 489 rwhp with same mods but with a Triple Dog in 2.4.1

How is your program working for you on a daily or just for the dyno or track ??? Are you all in for the tuning or for the wide open power let's focus on tuning!!! lol Which you all will gain the best power all the way around

I vote for the smarty, lots of fun daily driving, egts are manageable, lot cooler than my edge-hot, and it makes good power on the dyno, I made 453hp 800tq uncorrected at 3300ft altitude with just the smarty and a lift pump. Gonna dyno here soon and Im sure ill break 500 uncorrected(600ish corrected) Plus the smarty is way more adjustable than the predator

I am not saying one is better than the other because I have never run a Smarty. I simply wanted to counter the Diablo bashing.

I started with a Predator on my 06 and the power was nice on the top end, but egt's were toasty and the power down low felt a bit lacking. I returned my truck back to stock twice when I had the Predator...first time took 2 tries. The second time I had to try it 4 times...it kept saying it couldn't find the original program. :bs: Also the cruise control on my truck was real jerky when maintaining speed with the Predator on it--very annoying. After I removed the Predator my cruise was still jacked up.

I bought the Smarty and have had no issues programming, reprogramming, or changing options since I bought it. Although the Smarty is over twice as much money as the Predator, the Smarty seems to play much better with ECM's. Just my experiences...

i made 687 and 1650 with with 37in tires, smart on 7 trq2 timing3 rp4.. diadlo is probly fine if u want to just blow a little bit of smoke and keep ur truck stock. but if u want to make power its not the answer.

started with Predator, egts were out of control on extreme setting. switched to Smarty and egts dropped and had more power. Get the Smarty and be done.

I have Smarty love it just like to go back to my beta 4.2 or 4.3 but I can't go backwards with out losing my key count. Hey Marco & Bob give us a fix to go backwards to a file of ouur chose. That would be the best fix ever for Smarty. Thanks to all for your great replies

Back