did stick trucks ever come with a alum case trans?

6BT2500

hitman
i have a local kid on cragslist trying to trade me stuff for stick swap parts he says trans is a nv4500 he bought the stuff from a local diesel shop browns diesel performance they told him it was from a 97 3500 ctd and says heit fits on a cummins bell heres the pics of the trans
8f18e240.jpg

f946cbe1.jpg

that don't look like a nv4500 to me i thought the bell housing un bolted from the trans some one with more info will chime in

doesn't look like any NV4500 I've ever seen! Looks like something to run from if you ask me!

Even the old NV4500 from chevys back in the day were cast and had a removable top cover.

looked to me like a nv3500 but he said its big and fits a cummins bell

Although I would have to think they are, I can't comment directly about the New Venture stuff, but all the ZF transmissions in the Fords/Chevys are aluminum...

Cast Iron cases on light diesel T-cases and transmissions usually just shows how outdated they are. You put most of those old cast-iron transmissions and T-cases behind some of these new light diesels and you could watch pieces fly pretty far about the first few times the chargers lit. The stuff wasn't nearly as strong as everybody thought it was back when a "hot" street truck was making 300ish hp and 300ish ft/lbs. You stick 1500ft/lbs into one of them and you'll probably see chunks of it in the rearview.

lol.

On Edit:

Here's a picture of an NV4500. If this is accurate, then it's a cast steel trans.

nv-nv4500-conv.jpg

Apparently this is the 6 speed:

IMG_1564-copy.jpg

Here's what's in the Superduties and the Duramax trucks:

luk_zf6_lg.jpg

Last edited:
actully my s10 has a 3500 in it its very abuse friendly with a 4.3 in front of it

actully my s10 has a 3500 in it its very abuse friendly with a 4.3 in front of it

You just put two word together that do not even come remotely come close to the abuse a diesel truck will give that transmission. LOL

i have a local kid on cragslist trying to trade me stuff for stick swap parts he says trans is a nv4500 he bought the stuff from a local diesel shop browns diesel performance they told him it was from a 97 3500 ctd and says heit fits on a cummins bell heres the pics of the trans

FWIW, Browns Diesel Performance is a stand-up shop. I have a feeling its more the poster on craigslist's mistake than theirs. Those guys know their stuff.

trans

That transmission looks like the nv3550 that come in 88-98 chevy half ton trucks. There is no way that is a nv4500 it is a 5 speed but not what he is telling you what it is. The tag on the bell housing looks just like what gm uses to mark them. I would say no go on that.

JR...
You want a stick and I want a slushbox...
Get the slushbox fixed and I would swap you for the auto if your wanting to row row row your truck.I have tired of that game and its time to get lazy..LOL......Andy

You just put two word together that do not even come remotely come close to the abuse a diesel truck will give that transmission. LOL

well when you have 285/40/17 eagle gsc with a posi rear at some point stuff will start to break when you catch 4th i broke a lot of left motor mounts once so bad i ripped the brake booster vacume line off and put a dint the hood with the air cleaner i also ripped the perch with the mount clean off the trans crossmember i never shift it with the clutch i think it serves abuse great with a 4.3

Back