Diesel Altered

That is Doug Doring. He is one of the pioneers of diesel dragracing.

Watched the video today of Dougs front engine dragster ran a pretty quick time

JQmile said:
We need to get this guy to some events!
I sent him an invite to our Sept 2nd event. I'll keep y-all updated if he accepts.....:rockwoot:

*on edit- the contact info via e-mail is no good- so I called Doug and spoke with him on the phone- He was very suprised when I told him we are talking bout him on Comp D. I think he will be joining up here shortly.

The video was at Lebannon Valley and He BROKE at the 1000' MARK AND COASTED IN AT 8.72.:aiwebs_029: Thats a hella fast Detroit Powered Altered:rockwoot:

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if he put a BIG detroit in it? It would probably be something like this .....

:what:

Thanks for inviting him, with all the cool stuff coming out, we still can't forget the cool stuff that is already out there! :bow:

That's very cool.
I think I have some analog video of a Cummins powered altered that was at Cummins Truck Fest at Bandimere in Colorado a few years ago. I will try to get it digitized and post it.

What A ride!! Thats takes guts to put turbos in front of you like that. What if that thing went boom?

Old School. John.

That's WAY COOL. It would be nice to see him at more events.

Doug has informed me that his altered -passes every NHRA Tech that he enters in......

Any detail on the engine size and turbo size? they look pretty tiny!

RyanB

6-53(318ci) Detroit twin turbo into blower, think the turbos are Air Research T4s

Last edited:
Noreaster said:
6-53(318ci) Detroit twin turbo into blower, think the turbos are Air Research T4s

that's like... a twin-turbo-supercharged detroit diesel haha

I finally got around to converting the video this weekend.

Here is the Cummins powered Altered along with some other runs from the 2004 Cummins truck fest at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado:Video Link

Anybody know who the owner/driver is?

That.....is.....awesome!!!:rockwoot:

What kinda power you think that thing's makin'?

Back