Diesel utv

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Looking to get a diesel UTV for farm work. I've researched most of them and they all claim to have the same or very close to the same performance. We will be using it for general farm work but also moving trailers around the shop which might put them at max capacity.

Does anyone have one? anything to stay away from?

I found :
Polaris ranger
Kubota rtv
kioti mechron 2200
john deere gator
kawasaki mule
jcb workmax
arctic cat (I think they quit making diesel)

Im not looking for the fastest...just the toughest. No mudding just hauling trailers and heavy loads in the bed.

Those are the ones I have found at dealerships

Can't speak for the rest, but I'll vote Kubota. We use the heck out of ours moving wagons, equipment, augers, header cart, ect. Switching the connections for the hyd dump to standard sized pioneer gives you a set of remotes out the back. Power in high range is kind of lame, in medium and low it's pretty good.

Another vote for a Kubota. We use ours everyday. It's heavy enough to be able to move a lot of things we didn't think it could. And after 3 years, no issues with it.

Ditch witch has a bobcat. 3 cylinder diesel, has plenty of power and low end torque.

Polaris just came out with the Brutus. It's a commercial hydrostatic unit that's nice.

My grandpa just bought a kubota rtv900. It's a great machine. I've never used any others to compare though.

Ranger diesel. We have one and its awesome

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have used an older gator Diesel, and a kubota for short periods..
The kubota gets my vote, of course i don't know how any of the new ones do..

Cub cadet with a 3cyl yanmar is well built. I sold one where I used to work. Sold 10 or so gas models. Had one with a problem because the idiot owner would rev the engine then slam it in gear. Didn't bust or break anything just ate the shims inside.

Diff lock and 4wd. A little cheaper msrp too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

It would be nice to see videos on youtube of each one of the diesel UTV pulling an equally heavy load on flat ground,mud & up a hill.

Each company always showcases its highs and hides its low points. I want the one that can pull the most lol not climb a hill at 75 mph.

Back