Dipricol Rail Pressure Gauge reading backwards?

Coal Train

Hooked the gauge up tonight checked all connections and made sure everything was hooked up correctly. When you start the truck it goes up to 22K rail pressure when you rev the truck up the gauge goes down 21K, 20K 19K when you let it go back to idle it goes back to 22K??? I'm lost guys this should have been a very simple hook-up.

every once in while mine will read higher then it normally does. but never backwards. sound like wire is crossed. something make sure that the gauges goes to 0 before you start it. that is why mine read higher then sometimes. it doesnt always goes to 0 when i start it. i just shut the truck off and start it again and all is well.

good luck i never have any luck with wiring.

When you turn the truck on the needle goes back to zero and then once you start it slowly goes to 22K....

sorry for the miss understanding it goes to 0 then it read normal which for my truck is about 7000 or so.

Sounds like your fca is bad. My pressure was the same way when mine went bad.

If you are making 22,000 at idle you would hear it. My guess is that it is the gauge. My tach does the same thing. The bus isn't converting properly. It will wrap all the way around and then as I rev the motor my rpms drop.

Replaced FCA on my top pump and that fixed the problems. Gauge reads correctly and truck idles smooth now. Couldn't believe that FCA would make that gauge reads backwards.

Back