Discuss! Pic...

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
f2ba3ac0.jpg

Not mine...Rich Buckly

It was the only one posted in another thread... Some in there said this pic should have its own thread for discussion..

So I took care of that!! :)

Hope Richy Rich won't mind....

I mighta gone a little smaller on the exhaust tubing up to the front. Looks like it might lose some velocity there. Might run some flow software on the tubing into the front chargers...looks like it might feed the driver side very well but not so much the passenger side....they're definitely not gonna spool simultaneously.
Digging the v-bands on everything...makes swapping chargers a 10 minute job.
Looks like fun though....care to show the rest of it ?

Cumstang...old news

I've got pics and specs for the rest but will let the man who owns it take care or that info.
Put it this way...it was WELL thought out.

It's the same engine that was on his triple charger truck. It won't have an issue pushing those turbos

Last edited:
Looks really nice, but I would not have used such a large tubing from the primaries' outlet to the secondary inlet. Looks like 5" to me? I would have either used 3.5" or 4"

Putting the two primaries up front and exhuast dumping out on both sides. Like a 10.5 Outlaw thats sick.

Looks like 5" to me? I would have either used 3.5" or 4"[/QUOTE]

look again! all the piping is 4".

I mighta gone a little smaller on the exhaust tubing up to the front. Looks like it might lose some velocity there. Might run some flow software on the tubing into the front chargers...looks like it might feed the driver side very well but not so much the passenger side....they're definitely not gonna spool simultaneously.
Digging the v-bands on everything...makes swapping chargers a 10 minute job.
Looks like fun though....care to show the rest of it ?

the front turbin housing are small just for that reason and there is a divder inside the hot pipe to even the flow out. with a 200cfm blower hooked to the hot pipe shaft speed comes up almost even.

that should be bad ass if it runs anything like it looks..

any reason besides looks with the front clip on that the chargers are so far out front?
I know everyone likes that "ram air" look but it's definitely not necessary.
We ran twin 08's this season that were front mounted but tucked up tight to the motor and completely covered by the body. There are 2 small holes but with them being a foot in front of the chargers they make zero difference.
You could have pulled them in and got that weight closer to the axle rather than adding it all so far out front.
Lord knows weight bias out front is already bad enough with motors like these. LOL

any reason besides looks with the front clip on that the chargers are so far out front?
I know everyone likes that "ram air" look but it's definitely not necessary.
We ran twin 08's this season that were front mounted but tucked up tight to the motor and completely covered by the body. There are 2 small holes but with them being a foot in front of the chargers they make zero difference.
You could have pulled them in and got that weight closer to the axle rather than adding it all so far out front.
Lord knows weight bias out front is already bad enough with motors like these. LOL

Honestly i have found that the heavy weight bias out front is not such a bad thing.....but pulling the wheels up with a heavy front end never ends to well.

It looks absolutely bad ass to have the chargers out ther for the whole world to see:...just functionally not necessary.
What you're saying Wade is the reason I'm a fan of coming out of the hole with some wheel speed on these trucks...to not dead hook them and stand em up on the tires. That fine line between leaving hard and blowing the tires off is hard to find though.

There's so mch time to be found in chassis tuning. I'm stoked to see all these tube trucks...I really hope everyone spends some time learning how to set them up to run their best. This is the game where it's not all about power....you gotta do a lot of homework too.

It looks absolutely bad ass to have the chargers out ther for the whole world to see:...just functionally not necessary.
What you're saying Wade is the reason I'm a fan of coming out of the hole with some wheel speed on these trucks...to not dead hook them and stand em up on the tires. That fine line between leaving hard and blowing the tires off is hard to find though.

There's so mch time to be found in chassis tuning. I'm stoked to see all these tube trucks...I really hope everyone spends some time learning how to set them up to run their best. This is the game where it's not all about power....you gotta do a lot of homework too.

Exactly, we found that the way we have our chassis set up gets us up on the tire a whole lot faster, in the last 5 races we found almost 3 tenths in just simple chassis adjustments......pretty amazing considering we still have some chassis improvment left.

I ran at piedmont and ran a best of 5.5x, changed the shock settings and the tire psi and ran a couple 5.30's later found out that we were bottoming out the rear shocks on launch and wading up the rear tires way to much.........

And were 58% up front......

As for the power, i agree we have not tuned the truck since it fired up initally, started from a 8.xx @ 114 mph 1/8 mile and after about 20 passes and gearing and chassis adjustments have run a best of 5.30 @131mph 1/8th
I really feel we can get a 4.xx 1/8 out of this with about 10 more passes.

the learning curve in crazy for sure!

Last edited:
a slow motion camera on a tripod will show you more than about anything else. Todd learned things were happening that we never even dreamed of. Made some slight changes and got some .9x 60 foots on a 10.5 tire....down from 1.0x's
Simple things like how the wheelie bars were hitting the ground too hard, etc.
Simple spring and shock valving changes are all it took to get that last little bit.

Back