dissapointment at numidia..

dixon700

cummins fanatic
Out at the east coast nationals in numidia, I got on mass diesels 248h. With the setup that's in my Sig, I only laid down 635.54hp and 1097.41ft-lbs. I figured my setup was good for atleast 700hp. :huh::
If not I need more power.

Not sure what you should be making, but a buddies truck did 634/12xx at TS. The mods were 100hp nozzles, stock pump, smarty TNT-r, and a stock over 475 setup. All of this was on an early 04, so it does seem a little low to me.

You do realize how bad the air was at Numidia?????.....
Even though we were playing with some new tunes on my truck We had made well into the high 800's with that tune in good air and we barley touched 800 on fuel.When We picked up almost 400hp with a very small nitrous jet that proved to me the air was really crappy and Numidia is well known for that in the dog days of Summer.

I would take what you ran as a stepping stone and wait for the better air of fall to gat a better baseline.I know there is a jet in your area today(Think its in Houtzdale) and with better air it may be worth the trip.I was going to come up but with the threat of afternoon rain and a long drive I would prefer to keep my ride clean for the ATN's next weekend..........Andy

I know the air was bad, but even with good air, I probably still wouldn't of broke 700 and all the money in it and the parts, it should be high 700's... Do you know where in houtzdale? I've never heard of anything goin on over there. I still need to find some time on the dyno to find how much timing I benefit from most. Either way I think there is a lot more in my setup. My boost seems to be a little low since I installed my mishimoto intercooler, I wouldn't think my stocker was that much of a restriction. Maybe a boost leak?

When i saw this thread title, i was assuming it was about the sled pull.....

The "Smoke Switch" forum guys had Axcelerated Motorsports up there at some parking lot Saturday for dyno runs because they are all scared to go to a show somewhere and dyno in front of anyone but themselves.I am waiting for the results to be sent to me as none of them over there want to post up how they did,well one did anyway.

You want to spend some time dynoing then the closest place to you is John Anderson's "Little Power Shop" up in Bradford,PA about an hour North of you.They have a Superflow jet that many have been on that will give you numbers to help you tune with.What tuner are you using right now,SSR or Quadzilla Junk?.I do not think 75% over Exergy's will get you into the high 700's consistently but anything is possible in good air with the right tune.CAC will help cool the air charge some but do not expect big power increases on a dyno from a swap of them.

If your using SSR then you need to spend some time with it strapped down to see what your truck wants.I had hours in mine to get close and find a reasonable place to start with to build on.If this was your first strap of the truck,keep working it will come but do not expect it to happen overnight.If you need a hand,drop me a note and I will do what I can to help..........Andy

I have the ssr, I never had a quad tuner. Just a quad boost fooler. People have made over 600 with just a 63/68/14 and 100hp tips.... That makes my thousands upon thousands of dollars seem like quite a waste... So that's why I'm hoping it's just my tuning lacking. Sometime when I get a chance I plan to head up to little power shop for some dyno time, and hope after a few hours of tuning I'll be less disappointed. If not I guess it'll be time for some 100% overs? Then I may have to look into a second cp3....

Oh I also don't have the quad boost fooler on anymore, and I didn't change the intercooler for a performance upgrade, my stocker was leaking at the seams. My boost has been consistently 10psi lower since the install though, that's why maybe I have a boost leak, I'll have to check it out.

dixon700...

Do some searching here in the SSR thread for PaulB's and Dvst8r's SSR settings,they are a good place to start and adjust off of.

I will dig my SSR logs off the back-up HD I have here and PM what I used so you can try them also if you like........Andy

I've searched for those 2 guys tunes a few times, but haven't found that many. Right now I'm runnin 1.5b so I don't have to see the dumb wts light... It's way different than 1.7 and the newest software. A lot more smoke running the same tunes. Right now I'm running llt/hlt 20/38
Llr/hlr 15/15 lld/hld 15/32 it runs pretty good. My egts are in check pretty good. Boost is up from the previous tunes. Rail psi is a lot smoother and doesn't spike hard like the newer tunes. It's actually lower than before more around stock peak.

Btw I'm getting auto enginuity soon so I'll be able to log some things on my truck.

dixon700...

Do some searching here in the SSR thread for PaulB's and Dvst8r's SSR settings,they are a good place to start and adjust off of.

I will dig my SSR logs off the back-up HD I have here and PM what I used so you can try them also if you like........Andy
I would appreciate your logs if you don't mind. I still plan on getting some dyno time up at little power shop sometime, but I feel I'm making forward progress. Knowing your setup would probably help with your logs.

Back