dj fuel intensifier users

darsey715

I've found 3 "fuel intensifiers". From idp, dj, and fass. Elite's is out of the question. too much money. My question are: Would I see a "seat of my pants" power increase? Will I get more smoke because of "more fuel"? Thanks for any input and opinions you guys have to offer. I'm leaning towards DJ's.

I have DJ's and I am very satisfied. I just put in injectors and the fuel pressure stats put at 52. On a stock truck, it will give you a noticeable seat of the pants smack in the butt. Little more smoke, but much more low end.

I have Dj's fuel intensifier and am more than happy with it...It definately smokes alot more..

I have been seriously thinking about doing one of these...probably going to go with DJ's if/when I decide to do it...

Go with Dennis a ITP ,I think his has the aeromotive regulator and he has the anti bleed back fitting to .

the differences between DJ's and ITP's is that DJ's doesn't use the crossover line that allows fuel to flow thru the back of the heads. I think that the aermotive regulator on ITP's is larger the then the fuel+

It's a great fuel system and Tim's (Dalpilot) write up on it made installation a breeze...thanks Tim that was a great write up! I don't think I ever got to see the full effect of the fuel system because my pump has beed acting up. I won't have to worry about anymore because my Fass 150/180 is being installed this week..:woohoo: Not to jack this thread but what would people recommend doing, using DJ's fuel system with the Fass or recommend something different?

While the cab is off I'll be adding the x-over line.

Alan

I've got the ITP kit. My reasoning for going that way was the fact that the fuel goes all the way through the heads where it still dead heads with DJ's kit. All the lines are either mandrel bent or braided S.S. and it is a VERY well fitting kit. I installed it at the same time as my airdog and throttle response is definately snappier and I feel much more pull through the midrange and upper as well. Fuel pressure barely drops off at all. I've got it regulated at about 58-60 psi at idle and it might drop 5 psi briefly when I first mash the throttle. I'm still running stock turbo and injectors, can't wait to see what it'll do with a set of st. 2's and a turbo...

I've got the ITP kit. My reasoning for going that way was the fact that the fuel goes all the way through the heads where it still dead heads with DJ's kit. All the lines are either mandrel bent or braided S.S. and it is a VERY well fitting kit. I installed it at the same time as my airdog and throttle response is definately snappier and I feel much more pull through the midrange and upper as well. Fuel pressure barely drops off at all. I've got it regulated at about 58-60 psi at idle and it might drop 5 psi briefly when I first mash the throttle. I'm still running stock turbo and injectors, can't wait to see what it'll do with a set of st. 2's and a turbo...
^^^^^ thats what I like to hear! I've sided with ITP's kit. can't wait. :cheer:

Im going to go with ITP ... still debating over whether to go FASS or Airdog...this may be a stupid question, but do you need the cab off to do the ITP install?

Im going to go with ITP ... still debating over whether to go FASS or Airdog...this may be a stupid question, but do you need the cab off to do the ITP install?

No cab removal needed for itp's install I would recommend removing your down pipe and doing egr block while you have down pipe off.

No, but if you're gonna do studs then have whoever does the studs do the fuel kit while the cab is off. that's what I'm doing.

No, but if you're gonna do studs then have whoever does the studs do the fuel kit while the cab is off. that's what I'm doing.

This piece of advise is brilliant! Wish I'd have had my fuel system installed when my cab was off for studs. Would have been SOOOOO much easier! I had a tech install my fuel system (squatch) and even for him it was a bit of work... Especially at the back of the heads, it was the only time during the install where he actually NEEDED an extra pair of hands just to get it done. There are quite a few things on my truck I have no problem with doing myself, but there are definately times where hiring a job done is worth its weight in gold. I'm married with 2 small kids and don't always have the time I'd like to work on my own stuff. I'm fortunate to have someone close by that helps me out for a reasonable price...

...I've heard of guys running stock head studs over 100k miles...I think on those it'll be along the lines of run it until you need to replace it...unless people think that it will potentially prevent a worse problem from happening - that is other than getting stuck on the side of the road some where.

What should the install time be for an ITP RR kit & a Fuel/Air seperation kit - if your a mechanic that is so I know what I am looking at for labor.

Back