Dmax injectors

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
I search but didn't find anything. Can you switch injectors between makes. Like from a lb7 to a newer injector.

Last edited:
No, you would have to switch heads to be able to run newer style injectors.

Not by simply swapping injectors. The head and valve covers are all different as well as electronics. Just buy a set of new LB7 injectors.

OK thanks. That's what i thought but wasn't sure if that's the way they were.

You can swap the top end over to an LLY for an 01-02 LB7, and run custom EFILIVE tuning to make LLY sticks work in an LB7. For an 03-04 LB7 it is cheaper to just swap over to an LLY engine as it is plug and play. i believe you can swap LBZ injectors into an LLY, but not LLY's into an LBZ. And LBZ and LMM swap back and forth directly(except LBZ is 7 hole VS the LMM's 6 holes).

If the nozzle wasn't the issue, why did Isuzu switch to a micro-blind type with the LLY? I wouldn't really be concerned about them being smaller, that is easy enough to resolve.

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure it will work, and the LLY nozzle is superior in every area. The real question is; why is this not a common swap?

I haven't done it, but when I asked about it I was told the LLY nozzle was a smaller diameter and it wouldn't work.

I just used a 7-9mm Cummins nozzle adapter and turned down the base thickness, pretty simple.

Back