Do I need more mods to hit 600 RWHP or just tuning

jjrightmire1973

I have an 03 HO with a 64-74-14 turbo, 90 HP II tips, II dual feed line, Arson III, AFE Blade runner, S&B intake, Valair 3600 DD,Springs and ARP studs, Devils Own Water meth with a 14,10 and 5 nozzels spraying windshield fluid. Spool-aid, Dr. Performance 2013 90hp chip stacked with smarty pod 06 settings were older version TNT SW8, tq 3, Timing 3, rail pressure 3. 5" exhaust and AD 150 constant 15-17 PSI at CP3. Do I need a bigger CP3? I thought Arson III would handle the 90 HP tips, rail pressure goes 25000-26000 and I hit 55 or so pounds of boost Waste gate set at 50 PSI. I have the video attached and a dyno sheet looks pretty flat after 2100. I have a adobe file but I can email it but cant upload it to photobucket of the dyno sheet. I hit 543 RWHP and 1273 torque.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

90hp tips should be enough for 700hp. If your rail pressure is holding, I'd assume you need some more air. Drive pressures could be holding you back some as well.

gotta be CP3, that should be plenty of turbo, and plenty of injector. Just throw on another CP3! Seems funny how low that HP is though. My truck dynoed 489rwhp on just a bully dog, boost fooler, intake and exhaust!

03-04 kinda like bigger sticks. 2 injection events instead of 3 like the later 5.9 common rails

I have an 03 HO with a 64-74-14 turbo, 90 HP II tips, II dual feed line, Arson III, AFE Blade runner, S&B intake, Valair 3600 DD,Springs and ARP studs, Devils Own Water meth with a 14,10 and 5 nozzels spraying windshield fluid. Spool-aid, Dr. Performance 2013 90hp chip stacked with smarty pod 06 settings were older version TNT SW8, tq 3, Timing 3, rail pressure 3. 5" exhaust and AD 150 constant 15-17 PSI at CP3. Do I need a bigger CP3? I thought Arson III would handle the 90 HP tips, rail pressure goes 25000-26000 and I hit 55 or so pounds of boost Waste gate set at 50 PSI. I have the video attached and a dyno sheet looks pretty flat after 2100. I have a adobe file but I can email it but cant upload it to photobucket of the dyno sheet. I hit 543 RWHP and 1273 torque.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

You need bigger sticks, period. Everything looks good in your sig but a 150-200 hp injector is what you need to break 600. My personal truck (05) did 590hp on a set of stock tips but the tip configuration is different on 03 trucks. You can read all the treads here and get an idea of what I am talking about. The rest of the truck is find including the CP3. There is enough fuel there for about 700hp.

Also, be careful with the water/meth setting, make sure it is not so much that your turning off the flame in the motor. RP & Water/meth increase timing so watch your setting.

gotta be CP3, that should be plenty of turbo, and plenty of injector. Just throw on another CP3! Seems funny how low that HP is though. My truck dynoed 489rwhp on just a bully dog, boost fooler, intake and exhaust!

Your truck is an 06...his on 03, two very different motors. And two very different programs as for as ECM control goes.

03-04 kinda like bigger sticks. 2 injection events instead of 3 like the later 5.9 common rails

Plus 1

Last edited:
90hp injectors are plenty for 600hp. Ditch the dual feed line, and try runing rp 0 if stacking a pressure box. Sw9 has worked best for me. Guys have hit 695 and 705 hp with your setup.

90hp injectors are plenty for 600hp. Ditch the dual feed line, and try runing rp 0 if stacking a pressure box. Sw9 has worked best for me. Guys have hit 695 and 705 hp with your setup.

Just curious how would getting rid of the duel feed line help?

Another note is not every dyno is the same are your numbers corrected or uncorrected? The dyno can make a huge difference. Also corrected and uncorrected number are a big thing. Most guys who are pushing high 600's with a arson kit are using corrected numbers.... Most guys use corrected but not all. corrected numbers will always be higher then uncorrected.

Was this on an 03-04 truck...305hp motor?

Just curious how would getting rid of the duel feed line help?

corrected numbers will always be higher then uncorrected.

Not exactly sure why.. (i have some assumptions)

Corrected numbers will not always be higher than uncorrected..

Not exactly sure why.. (i have some assumptions)

Corrected numbers will not always be higher than uncorrected..

Ok I could think of physics/science that might affect this from your personal experience have you done dyno runs with the same and plus/minus the dual lines to support this theory just curious?

And yes you are right not always will corrected be more then uncorrected. Correctted is usually to perfect conditions at sea level. I am use to running in the clouds.

Ok I could think of physics/science that might affect this from your personal experience have you done dyno runs with the same and plus/minus the dual lines to support this theory just curious?

And yes you are right not always will corrected be more then uncorrected. Correctted is usually to perfect conditions at sea level. I am use to running in the clouds.

yes. however, the runs were with different turbos, so the dyno numbers are useless. niether of the guys around the 700 mark are using dual feed lines. The flexible dual feed lines have been known to rupture (ask me how I know)

8-21-08008.jpg

Good to know thanks man, I see you sold your truck. You have pbig plans for your new one?

Good to know thanks man, I see you sold your truck. You have pbig plans for your new one?

I'd done all I could do with the manual trans common rail. Smog regs hit pretty hard, so I figured it was time for some pre-smog mechanical fun.

-jp

let the pressure box control the rail pressure and try again. I have seen some pretty big gains by turning the smarty rail pressure to stock and letting the pressure box do the rail pressure tuning. I have seen a 03-04 truck make over 600hp with DDP 50's so I do not think you need more fuel just more tuning. You also might try turning the smarty down TNT 8 is a lot of fuel sometimes sw7 will make more power every truck is different.

Last edited:
Sounds like cp3 to me. 90's require a floor it stage 3 to make the most of them. Forget the comments on needing bigger stix, I hit over 700 with similar. X2 on setting smarty rp to 0. 90's set up right should get mid to high 600's without a lot a drama.

Also,

The dual feed line is not necessary. Often it can hurt as it can cause cavitation from the cp3 due to the way the 3 plungers work and the timing of them. Too technical an explanation for here.

Back