Do It Yourself BEDLINER KIT Al's Liner

welp got the kit in today and did my truck up. it took about 5 solid hours but man it looks good, mostly just prepping sanding and cleaning for about 2 hours than and hour for taping off then about 30 minutes to spray it. took the rest of the time for me to clean my huge mess!!!!that stuff is sweet, couple notes to think about..(wear coverals and rubber gloves) i didnt and i am still scrubbin off bedliner. put drop cloths down if you dont want overspray all over the garage floor, and one last thing and this is the most important.....when your tring to spray the underside of your floorpans remember that there is an open top and when you tilt the gun back so far it dumps bedliner all over your face,,,, but other than my messyness that stuff is the good stuff. easy to mix, easy to spray and goes on however you want, i was playin around with the gun and could get any texture i wanted. either big thick clupy or tight uniform pattern. i went with inbetween and layed it down thick. i used 2 gallons for the rocker panels the rear bumper and the cab floor pans. ill post pictures tomarrow hopefully, ill take some in the morning. looks like a new truck.

Awesome!!! Good to hear.:rockwoot:

Awesome!

Can't wait to see some pictures. You are a getr'done kinda guy JayBuller! AP

Yeah i like to get things done. no need in procrastination right? im not the best photographer but here they are. btw it looks way better in person than in the pictures i couldnt get the flash or light right it was either too dark or to bright but what ever..

before
100_1959.jpg

after
100_2396.jpg

100_2393.jpg

100_2394.jpg

oh yeah i didnt see anywhere on curing time. i let it sit for about 15 hours in the garge then took it out and drove around it still felt a tad soft( like hard rubber) but shoudl be ok i would thinl, anyways ia there a curring time?

oh yeah i didnt see anywhere on curing time. i let it sit for about 15 hours in the garge then took it out and drove around it still felt a tad soft( like hard rubber) but shoudl be ok i would thinl, anyways ia there a curring time?

One hour to touch, 24 hours to drive, 72 hours to full cure I believeLOL 15 minutes is a little fast.

Yeah i like to get things done. no need in procrastination right? im not the best photographer but here they are. btw it looks way better in person than in the pictures i couldnt get the flash or light right it was either too dark or to bright but what ever..

before
100_1959.jpg

after
100_2396.jpg

100_2393.jpg

100_2394.jpg

Can we get some pics outside in the sun? Thanks

Get onboard by Friday

Ditto on the pics outside. That looks great! I am deff. gonna go this route!

Just sent you a PM. I have to ask what is the picture of,... transfer case?

Jaybuller your truck looks great. Thanks for posting the photos. You don't fool around. "Love it when plan comes together" A-TEAM :cheer:

Have a great day guys! Arnie

Just sent you a PM. I have to ask what is the picture of,... transfer case?

Jaybuller your truck looks great. Thanks for posting the photos. You don't fool around. "Love it when plan comes together" A-TEAM :cheer:

Have a great day guys! Arnie

Looks to be the front of a nv4500 transmission with input shaft removed...who knows where he had the shaft at the time of the picture?LOL

Looks to be the front of a nv4500 transmission with input shaft removed...who knows where he had the shaft at the time of the picture?LOL

LOL ..... funny guy jamie is!

Yep front of the 45...snapped the first input!

Pm replied!

LOL ..... funny guy jamie is!

Yep front of the 45...snapped the first input!

Pm replied!

LOL Just kidding bud. I just noticed the broken shaft inside of the tranny. My old 1 1/4" input did a full twist & never broke.

15 hours

One hour to touch, 24 hours to drive, 72 hours to full cure I believeLOL 15 minutes is a little fast.

hahah not 15 minutes 15 hours. I had to go on a 5 hour drive the next day and it was raining the whole time. but i checked it all out after i got back and dried it all off and it was all good. i ddint load anything in the bed so the liner in the bed didnt get used and i didnt drive anywhere that would have thrown rocks up at the rockers. but yeah im out of town but i will get some pictures out in the sun soon as i get a sunny day its been raining non stop for a while now. Im prolly gonna dom the whole underside of the truck when i get enough ttime to sand it all down and cleen it good enough. I wish i could use this stuff on plastic cuase i would do my dash in my truck. it has one big crack in it i could plastic weld back togther then spray it to cover the weld. But mabey thats a little over the top?

Al's & Plastics

Im prolly gonna dom the whole underside of the truck when i get enough ttime to sand it all down and cleen it good enough. I wish i could use this stuff on plastic cuase i would do my dash in my truck. it has one big crack in it i could plastic weld back togther then spray it to cover the weld. But mabey thats a little over the top?

This is why we should all not text and drive.:bigsmile: HaHa. You guys that text crack me up. I get a kick out of your spelling and punctuation.

I think you are right about the underside of the truck. I want to do mine eventually. Don't use Al's on your dash. You will be able to peel it off in one big sheet. Actually if you think about it that would be a pretty cool looking dash and durable as all get out! AP

dont do any texting(fingers are too big) but i do have trouble with fat fingering the keyboard on the computor, my dadgum fingers are the size of two keys on the keyboard! but yeah one of these days im gonna take a grammer class or somthing. Is there any kind of sanding then speical plastic primer you can get?

Is there any kind of sanding then speical plastic primer you can get?

I don't believe there is but life is all about experimenting. Just look at Thomas Edison! Try something and let us all know. Thanks for posting the pictures of your truck. Maybe we can get a few more guys to try this on their projects.

yeah im gonna look into it and try a few different things on some old interior peices i have to see if anything will stick good. How bought a price of 1 kit shipped to me. 39120. thanks again.

yeah im gonna look into it and try a few different things on some old interior peices i have to see if anything will stick good. How bought a price of 1 kit shipped to me. 39120. thanks again.

I'm curious to see what results you get Mr. Edison. Hehe. I'll send you a PM re the quote. Thanks again!

hahah not 15 minutes 15 hours. I had to go on a 5 hour drive the next day and it was raining the whole time. but i checked it all out after i got back and dried it all off and it was all good. i ddint load anything in the bed so the liner in the bed didnt get used and i didnt drive anywhere that would have thrown rocks up at the rockers. but yeah im out of town but i will get some pictures out in the sun soon as i get a sunny day its been raining non stop for a while now. Im prolly gonna dom the whole underside of the truck when i get enough ttime to sand it all down and cleen it good enough. I wish i could use this stuff on plastic cuase i would do my dash in my truck. it has one big crack in it i could plastic weld back togther then spray it to cover the weld. But mabey thats a little over the top?

LOL Made ya look.

Back