Dodge Cracked Dash

Twisted Shifter

I know that a lot of the 2000 and newer Dodge Rams are having issues with the dash cracking, especially in the south. I was reading a local news article on the subject and Dodge is replacing them at various costs …. I think it might depend on the age of the vehicle. The article says that you call this number 1-800-992-1997 and explain your issue to them. They will give you instructions on what to do next. I have heard of them being replaced for as much as $200.00 to as cheap as free…….

Well, has anybody tried the snap on dash cover from genos I think there around $130 I havent got one yet but will have one

Why not go get a whole new dash if Dodge is paying for it ..... worth the time of a phone call........

i got quoted 800 for a entire new dash from dodge, my friend did the dash cover that slides over and looks great though so i might go that route.

Wondered if I was the only one with this problem, thanks for the info!

our 01 1500 is cracked bad my 02 well i look at it everyday looking for one thanks for the info

If enough people call they are gonna be forced to do a recall .......or at the least a TSB

Mine is cracked and I used this number to arrange a replacement. I do have the extended warranty on the truck, though. I was quoted $2K from the dealer to replace it :eek:

You guys are crazy.. I replaced mine.. it was $175 for the upper half of the dash... one afternoon to install it... I think the gray dashes are cheaper.. I think some were $225... that was for the 98-02 dash....
Bryan

102_1246.jpg

102_1253.jpg

i priced mine at two different dealers...450.00 just for the top no install.

Mine cracked also Twisted. Unfortunatly it is right where we put the gauge pod. So i'm sure they will blame it on that and not there cheap plastic they use.

yea that sucks ...... did we drill a hole or just run the wires .... maybe Crack a whole in it ... LOL

Cracked dash.... My dash is cracked in more places than I feel like counting. It's disgusting looking to be honest. :poke: I WILL be calling that number very, very soon. Thanks for sharing the info Twisted! :thankyou2:

Oh yeah we drilled a hole in it. Actually Ck drilled the holes in it. Does make it easier to get to the gauges if i have to though.

My dodge has caracks and the glove box is shot I mean where it meets the hinged areaof the lower dash the dash hinges have busted loose so my glove box just kinda hangs

Mine cracked last year. 1997 year model. It rattles like crazy now.

Do all you guys with cracked dashes have Gray ones? Mine ts tan and seems to be okay

Back