Dodge ram 94-99 hubs on a 00-01 dana 80

CUMMINS_power31

My srw 1999 cummins has a dana 70 with a egr disk brake conversion on it. I have a 2000 dana 80 bare housing that I'm going to build to put under it. Can I put my 99 hubs and brake kit on it? I realize the srw dana 80s are hybrids and have same brakes as dana 70. I just noticed the 00-01 hubs are different from the 94-99s. However the hub bearing and seals are the same for all the years...Guessing the 00 hubs are different because of the bigger drums that came on those yrs. The axle housing and spindles are the same size? Thanks in advance. Searched and didnt find much.

I believe you’re right. Never did a conversion but the parts break down sounds correct.

Just making sure if I put the 99 hubs and disk brake conversion on the 2000 housing the wheel width will be the same as the front. The housings themselves are the same width etc aren't they? As long as I'm using the 99 brakes with the 99 hubs I think it would be fine unless I'm missing something. Just thought I'd check before I dig into it.

I took a junk 00 cab n chasis dana 80 housing and removed everything from the brake plate out and put it on a 95 cab n chasis housing. So id think it should work.

The axle lengths are different, about 1" increase for 2000 up. So if you stick a 2000 axle under it, the wheels will stick out a little further than your old axle. Probably not that noticeable on a 4x4 especially if you have bigger tires or aftermarket wheels.

the axles are the exact same length. The hubs wheel offset are what is different. Being that Im still using 99 rear hubs, we are thinking it will match the front 99 dana 60 width. I just wasnt sure if the 99 hubs would work on the 00 spindles. All the hub bearing/seals cross reference to the same part numbers. So thinking it will work. Will find out here soon.

Back