Does high timing = hazing?

I'm running .020 dv's with my pops set at 250 bar and my pump timed at 24* and with my JL 7x12's I don't have any haze once it's warmed up.

Quicker fuel delivery from the .022 and .024 DVs will have the same effect as a few degrees of timing advance.

Higher pop pressure will make the injection event later creating the effect of a few degrees retarded timing.

All goes to reason...fuel spray outside of the bowl. To get the most gains from large injectors the spray angle must be modified to accommodate advanced injection timing.
If you change the angle of the injector, does it only help with hazing or overall power?

I'm running .020 dv's with my pops set at 250 bar and my pump timed at 24* and with my JL 7x12's I don't have any haze once it's warmed up.
I can't believe yours don't haze more with your pressures at 250. I thought that was low.

If you change the angle of the injector, does it only help with hazing or overall power?

How can fuel mix with the air properly if it's not entering the high swirl area of the piston? In my opinion every application needs it's own custom set of injectors. No two people have the same ideas of how to make power so every engine is timed differently weather it's static pump timing, DV profile, DV opening pressure, injector pop pressure, injector spray angle or pump cam profile. If all these factors plus engine air flow characteristics are take into account when ordering injectors some amazing results can be achieved.

Last edited:
How can fuel mix with the air properly if it's not entering the high swirl area of the piston? In my opinion every application needs it's own custom set of injectors. No two people have the same ideas of how to make power so every engine is timed differently weather it's static pump timing, DV profile, DV opening pressure, injector pop pressure, injector spray angle or pump cam profile. If all these factors plus engine air flow characteristics are take into account when ordering injectors some amazing results can be achieved.
I just never see anyone offering diferent angles for high timing. That's why I asked. Just trying to understand everything and not guess.

Thanks for the reply.

I just never see anyone offering diferent angles for high timing. That's why I asked. Just trying to understand everything and not guess.

Thanks for the reply.

On the '95 that we put together last year we had the spray angel set a few degrees tighter than the stock injectors and static timing is set to 23 degrees. There is no haze at idle and the truck gets 20mpg highway...DVs are full cut.

I typically run it between 20 and 24*. I drive mine every day, so for me its a compramise between top end and decent response off idle.
Are you just esimating or do you go back and forth between 20-24?

On the '95 that we put together last year we had the spray angel set a few degrees tighter than the stock injectors and static timing is set to 23 degrees. There is no haze at idle and the truck gets 20mpg highway...DVs are full cut.
I see different angles for 12v but not 24v. Wonder if exergy will?

Sometimes all that's needed to clear up haze at idle is an injector depth change.

well ive been told they do everything better, smoke less than most others, make less heat, and make more power..thats why i call em magic.. like i said i havent tried a set yet. i will some day..

They definitely don't smoke less at wot or make less heat. That said a little tuning and they are great on the street. Mine have a nice lope to them but others who have tried them have zero lope.

They definitely don't smoke less at wot or make less heat. That said a little tuning and they are great on the street. Mine have a nice lope to them but others who have tried them have zero lope.
I love the little lope I have. Almost sounds like a puller when trying to spool. Just a little though.

Ive been back and forth between the 2. Im gonna try 22* next.

Which direction are we talking to clear up the haze at idle?
I would think less, but according to the post above you. It might be your injectors.

Is there any other drawbacks to high timimg? Or the hazing at idle from it?

My buddy says it causes cylinder wash down. Is this true?

To high timing on the street will burn the pistons up do to the fuel being shot out of the bowl and the fuel impacting the top of the piston. On a 12, 24* is max i set the timing( if the truck is going to be street driven) but on a 24v if i remeber right the vp stock is around 24* timing

Back