Does Suncoast paint their converters?

Dudge

Hey guys. I bought a '03 Dodge and the guy said the transmission was a Suncoast. I pulled the inspection plate off the bottom of the bellhousing and saw the converter was blue. I was wondering if Suncoasts were blue, or if it's a different converter? Thanks

i have a suncoast converter thats about 4 years old and its not blue.kinda silver/grey looking.if you want a picture let me know.

they start out a little tanish maybe then after a little heat they go to a greyish

Well damn. Know any companies off the top of your head that does paint converters blue? I guess I've been lied to...

IIRC Jeff Garmon had a converter painted blue when i went by his shop about 4 months ago, but i might be mistaken. He was boxing this converter and a tranny up getting ready to ship it.

That would be great, but at the rate it's going I'm sure I'm not that lucky. I'll check it all out when I pull the motor.

here my stock one,
100_4870.jpg

and here's the best shot of my Billet Dual Disk Converter
100_4908.jpg

i think chrysler reman converters are blue. the one in my 99 was when i bought my truck. can u see if it is a billet style converter or a stock style with welded on bugs for the flex plate

I can't see it too well. I guess I'll just wait to see what it is when I pull the motor. I got a lot of it torn down down today, so it shouldn't be long. I hope it's a decent setup, if not then my plans are going to have to change. The guy claimed it was a SUncoast with billet shafts, but a lot of what he said isn't true so far, so I'll not be surprised if it's stock.

Back